• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upcoming story on CNN about when and where to carry.

MarinesWife

imported post

When you say "when" to carry do you mean they are going to try and tell us when we can and cannot carry a firearm???

rebfan

imported post

It aired right after I posted. The segment debated public access parking lots and private parking lots of companies and if employees should have the right to keep guns in their cars in the parking lots.

Former Congressman Bob Barr augured that if the parking lot is public access people should have the right, and a former FBI special agent said people should not have that right, since it would be easy to access the gun, and in an event of a work place shooting, it would cause undue confusion to law enforcement trying to figure out who was the good guy and who was the bad guy.

Both agreed that if the parking lot was restricted access only for employees of a particular company, people should not have the right to keep guns in their cars while in the parking lot.

possumboy

imported post

rebfan wrote:
...and a former FBI special agent said people should not have that right, since it would be easy to access the gun, and in an event of a work place shooting, it would cause undue confusion to law enforcement trying to figure out who was the good guy and who was the bad guy.
I was thinking it was easy to tell if when the good guys don't have guns. The bad guys are the one standing, and the good guys are the ones laying down with gun shots.

IanB

imported post

I missed it, anyone record the show?

This wasn't the story about the Roanoke Times was it? When / where to carry sounds like a diff story.

If anyone recorded it I can turn it into a youtube vid.

rebfan

imported post

No, this story had nothing to do with the Roanoke times issue.