• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concession stand education

NRA_Bear

imported post

I knew I was asking for trouble whenI did it, but I OC'ed tonight at the Macarthur 18 Regal Cinema. I know you're all thinking *idiot* right now, but I didn't realize until we got downtown that my jacket was in the other car and my shirt was too short to untuck (bit of a spare tire :)). I made it all the way to the concession stand in the theatre before an ignoramus antius standing behind me took it upon himself to ask me why I "felt the need to wear a gun at my hip." It wasn't in the typical tone I get when someone is genuinely interested, this guy had a real snotty attitude as if he were implying that his anti views outweighed my RTKBA. When I turned around, I was kind of surprised to see that he was a well-built military looking guy. All I managed to get out before the manager interrupted me was, "the same reason I wear a seatbelt." I'm sure he enjoyed listening to the manager explain that he knew it was legal, but Regal had a policy against carrying and I needed to leave it in the car. The only thing I could think during the manager's spiel was that one of the OCDO guys already filled him in on the legality of OC in a previous incident :p. I was more miffed that I didn't get to finish deflating the anti than I was about being removed from the theatre. Fortunately, the finacee was cool about it and is still laughing about my seatbelt response. BTW, Shooter was an excellent flick :D

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

someone should ask that manager if a bad guy started shooting up the place, would he be the one asking said bad guy to store it in his car.

LEO 229

imported post

The response was funny....

To be honest... Spouting to someone that "Because I have the right to do so" seems lame. It does not really "justify" why you need to do it and that is what they are asking. I believe most people do it for personal protection andI can understand that. Must be why I always carry my gun too.

I guess that is why my answer would be more like... "Why do you care!"or"Mind your own business!"or ""Go F yourself!"and go about my business.I do not have to answer to some anti-gun jerk....But that is just me. :D

No matter what you tell them will not really matter. They saw you and made up their mind that you are a gun nut. So trying to explain it will fall on deaf ears.

Now... there may be a few people out there that legitimately want to know.... and you can probably tell from their tone or how they ask. :)