• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What you wife thinks of Home Invasion

VAopencarry

imported post

Not a true tale , but self defense related. I found the last paragraph of this article interesting, not that anyone here will have this problem.:D

"But if they break into your house while you're there and take you captive, it's something you never recover from. It's a tremendous hit on the relationship of couples," McGoey says. "I've talked to many, many women who blame their husbands for not protecting them. It's a really hard-hitting crime."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-06-07-home-invasions_x.htm

The above quoted person's website.

Lot's of anti-crime strategies, at a quick glance I didn't see anything about using a gun for self defense.:( Crime Doctor

30 cal slut

imported post

i don't know what it is aboutsome women ... many simply don't even want to THINK about the possibility of a home invasion.

you try to talk to them about it, and they abruptly change the subject and just ignore you.

:banghead:

casullshooter

imported post

I signed my wife up for a Women of the NRA personal defense class taught by women . It really opened her eyes and helped pull her out of condition white . She will now back the car into parking spaces and look around before shutting down the motor and unlocking the doors . Still won't carry though...