• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is Fair Warning

LeagueOf1291

imported post

This comes under the heading of "news," I suppose.

I have three sons, but my first daughter was born Thursday. While most newborns look more like a frog that a "beautiful baby," I found that Elizabeth was an exception, and I'm giving fair warning to any child offenders out there.... if they hurt my little sweetie, they'll get the old millstone treatment.

How many Dads are feelin' what I'm sayin?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:

I have three sons, but my first daughter was born Thursday. While most newborns look more like a frog that a "beautiful baby," I found that Elizabeth was an exception, and I'm giving fair warning to any child offenders out there.... if they hurt my little sweetie, they'll get the old millstone treatment.

All babies are beautiful, especially your own baby girl!!

Now.......you ever seen that Seinfeld episode?

LeagueOf1291

imported post

BobCav wrote:
LeagueOf1291 wrote:

No, but your setup sounds like it's going to be hilarious.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

The two most memorable days of my life were the days I watched my daughters come into the world. Now my youngest is getting ready to go off to college!

Enjoy every minute you can with your kids. They grow up really fast (it just doesn't seem like that the first few years)

beradcee

imported post

Congratulations on the new addition. As the proud father of an 11 week old daughter i totally agree with you. There isNOTHING that I would not do to protect her from anyone who would do her any type of harm. After seeing her born I realize that she is what life is all about.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
BobCav wrote:
LeagueOf1291 wrote:

No, but your setup sounds like it's going to be hilarious.

In the episode titled "The Hamptons" they're invited to spend the weekend with some friends at their place in the Hamptons who just had a baby. THe doctor meets Elaine and says she's breathtaking and of course she swoons. Of course the parents all think it's gorgeous, but Jerry, Elaine, Kramer and George are all in shock when they see just how ugly the baby really is! And Elaine is floored when the doctor calls the baby "breathtaking" too!

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

As the dad of two girls, one who just turned 17, I can tell you that someday - sooner than we can imagine - they will be on their own and their safety will be up to them.

Teach your children well and when they get older they will not depart from it.

LoveMyCountry

Kelly J

imported post

LeagueOf1291

This will more than likely shock a lot of people but I think it must be said, our children are the most valuable possession we own and the light of our lives, and we would tear a person limb from limb to protect them and be sure no harm comes to them, that said I have a few things to say, one; I believe in good sound Bible Principles "Spare the Rod Spoil the Child"; two, why inflict a brat on the world?, three raise them to be good Citizens and Patriots; Love them to the point that they know what true love is and that includes the love of Family, and the Family unit; Last Cherish the time that you have with them and never let a day go by that you do not tell them that you love them.

Congratulations on the new little one, ya done good son!

Not forgetting the Little woman with out her this event would not have come about!

HerbM

imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:

Congratulations!!!

rady8um

imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:

I'm feelin it! Congratulations! It sucks for her and the future boyfriends that she has three older brothers. :X:X:X You won't have to get out of your easy chair to bounce someones head off of the front door!

Mine is twelve now and the boys in the neigborhoodare starting to notice her a little more.(Of course, she is starting to "develop" resons for the boys to notice her more, which is causing me a whole newlevel of stress and discomfort).Anybody that my daughter dates will be told ahead of time of the severe risks and penalties involved if they do the wrong thing.

Story mode: on

About three years ago, I was feeding my son when my daughter came in the front door crying. She told me on of the boysfrom around the corner had torn up a picture my daughter had of herself and the girl across the street. I went into instant rage mode and practically flew out the door. As I was moving towards the group of kids outside, the brother of the bastard that ripped the picture saw me coming and immediately started pointing behind the tree where his brother was hiding, (Thats fear, heturned on his own brother). When I got to the kid I started yelling at him and said "If you ever do anything to make my daughter cry again, I'm going to come out here and beat the crap out of you and then I'm going to go to your house and beat thecrap out of your father for raising a disrespectful little piece of shit! Do you understand what I'm telling you?" He could only manage a nod and a whimpering apology to my daughter.

story mode: off

That was definitely over the top for a ripped picture but he has never been anything but nice to her ever since. He always has one eye on me when he is around her. Nothing like a little fear and respect.
God help the person who does actual physical harm to my little girl. The bloodhounds wouldn't find the remains.

BTW all of you new fathers. Enjoy every minute of this time, when they get to be my daughters age, you realize why some animals eat their young. :)

Kelly J

imported post

rady8um wrote:
LeagueOf1291 wrote:

I'm feelin it! Congratulations! It sucks for her and the future boyfriends that she has three older brothers. :X:X:X You won't have to get out of your easy chair to bounce someones head off of the front door!

Mine is twelve now and the boys in the neigborhoodare starting to notice her a little more.(Of course, she is starting to "develop" resons for the boys to notice her more, which is causing me a whole newlevel of stress and discomfort).Anybody that my daughter dates will be told ahead of time of the severe risks and penalties involved if they do the wrong thing.

Story mode: on

About three years ago, I was feeding my son when my daughter came in the front door crying. She told me on of the boysfrom around the corner had torn up a picture my daughter had of herself and the girl across the street. I went into instant rage mode and practically flew out the door. As I was moving towards the group of kids outside, the brother of the bastard that ripped the picture saw me coming and immediately started pointing behind the tree where his brother was hiding, (Thats fear, heturned on his own brother). When I got to the kid I started yelling at him and said "If you ever do anything to make my daughter cry again, I'm going to come out here and beat the crap out of you and then I'm going to go to your house and beat thecrap out of your father for raising a disrespectful little piece of shit! Do you understand what I'm telling you?" He could only manage a nod and a whimpering apology to my daughter.

story mode: off

That was definitely over the top for a ripped picture but he has never been anything but nice to her ever since. He always has one eye on me when he is around her. Nothing like a little fear and respect.
God help the person who does actual physical harm to my little girl. The bloodhounds wouldn't find the remains.

BTW all of you new fathers. Enjoy every minute of this time, when they get to be my daughters age, you realize why some animals eat their young. :)
Not sure but that might even beat Jesica's Law, (Not making light of the law or the reason t exist).