Thread: LeagueOf1291

Post imported post

OT

Post imported post

Which subject? Guns or what locals of TN think about him running?

Post imported post

Hi Kelly,

It's a good question, and I'm interested in the talk as well, but I've been badly out of touch since Thursday, when my baby girl was born. The only thing I ever watch on TV is 24 and the History channel, so I don't know what the local newscasters are saying about it. I'll ask around some and get a feel for how well Thompson appeals to Tennesseans.

Post imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
    Which subject? Guns or what locals of TN think about him running?
    OT

Post imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
    Hi Kelly,

It's a good question, and I'm interested in the talk as well, but I've been badly out of touch since Thursday, when my baby girl was born. The only thing I ever watch on TV is 24 and the History channel, so I don't know what the local newscasters are saying about it. I'll ask around some and get a feel for how well Thompson appeals to Tennesseans.
    OT

Post imported post

Well, I would be happy to see him run. I wish he was still Senator instead of Bob Corker. :X

There are only a few things I dislike about him, and I think his experience would be a benefit. (He participated in the Watergate investigation with Sen. Howard Baker, he helped topple Ray Blanton, and was a Senator himself.) Also, his acting could help him with recognition.

ProguninTN

Post imported post

OK, here's what I know about the local talk -- it's just informal, anecdotal. There doesn't seem to be much excitement about it. Some interest, certainly, but not a groundswell yet. This could be because the company I keep is getting more and more conservative the older I get, and the Republican party hasn't held the conservative line.

I'm not particularly excited myself because I'm looking for another Reagan, someone who actually has a spine and a conservative agenda based not on expediency but on principle. That seems to be an endangered species.

Post imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
    Hi Kelly,

I thought Tennessee residents were called Volunteers, not Tennesseeans:?

Post imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
    OK, here's what I know about the local talk -- it's just informal, anecdotal. There doesn't seem to be much excitement about it. Some interest, certainly, but not a groundswell yet. This could be because the company I keep is getting more and more conservative the older I get, and the Republican party hasn't held the conservative line.

I'm not particularly excited myself because I'm looking for another Reagan, someone who actually has a spine and a conservative agenda based not on expediency but on principle. That seems to be an endangered species.
    OT

Post imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
    LeagueOf1291 wrote:
    Hi Kelly,

I thought Tennessee residents were called Volunteers, not Tennesseeans:?
    The left-wing propaganda butt-wipepaperout of Nashville is called the Tennessean, so I think I'll take you up on that.