• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LeagueOf1291

LeagueOf1291

imported post

Hi Kelly,

It's a good question, and I'm interested in the talk as well, but I've been badly out of touch since Thursday, when my baby girl was born. The only thing I ever watch on TV is 24 and the History channel, so I don't know what the local newscasters are saying about it. I'll ask around some and get a feel for how well Thompson appeals to Tennesseans.

Kelly J

imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
Hi Kelly,

It's a good question, and I'm interested in the talk as well, but I've been badly out of touch since Thursday, when my baby girl was born. The only thing I ever watch on TV is 24 and the History channel, so I don't know what the local newscasters are saying about it. I'll ask around some and get a feel for how well Thompson appeals to Tennesseans.
OT

ProguninTN

imported post

Well, I would be happy to see him run. I wish he was still Senator instead of Bob Corker. :X

There are only a few things I dislike about him, and I think his experience would be a benefit. (He participated in the Watergate investigation with Sen. Howard Baker, he helped topple Ray Blanton, and was a Senator himself.) Also, his acting could help him with recognition.

ProguninTN

LeagueOf1291

imported post

OK, here's what I know about the local talk -- it's just informal, anecdotal. There doesn't seem to be much excitement about it. Some interest, certainly, but not a groundswell yet. This could be because the company I keep is getting more and more conservative the older I get, and the Republican party hasn't held the conservative line.

I'm not particularly excited myself because I'm looking for another Reagan, someone who actually has a spine and a conservative agenda based not on expediency but on principle. That seems to be an endangered species.

tattedupboy

imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
Hi Kelly,

I thought Tennessee residents were called Volunteers, not Tennesseeans:?

Kelly J

imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
OK, here's what I know about the local talk -- it's just informal, anecdotal. There doesn't seem to be much excitement about it. Some interest, certainly, but not a groundswell yet. This could be because the company I keep is getting more and more conservative the older I get, and the Republican party hasn't held the conservative line.

I'm not particularly excited myself because I'm looking for another Reagan, someone who actually has a spine and a conservative agenda based not on expediency but on principle. That seems to be an endangered species.
OT

LeagueOf1291

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
LeagueOf1291 wrote:
Hi Kelly,

I thought Tennessee residents were called Volunteers, not Tennesseeans:?
The left-wing propaganda butt-wipepaperout of Nashville is called the Tennessean, so I think I'll take you up on that.