• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Chapter e-Postal Pistol Match (1st Quarter)

Wooley

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Jeez fella's, ya know we are allowed to 'just have fun' shooting. Doesn't always have to be about a life and death encounter. If all you want to do is 'practical shooting', fine, but don't try pissing on our parade.

Like I said, just trying to fire everyone up. Its been boring these last few days around here!:lol:

Anywho, I do believe you fight how you train. Who's heard about the cop that shot competition all the time?He got in a realgun fight where he fired 2 rounds, reholstered and put his palms up while he got his pass revoked by aslip knot with no training. What a shameful way to go,reverting to your playtime shootingtechnique while a commoner that probably had weak wrists made him a statistic.

kle

imported post

what if a shot juuuust touches a ring (or the bullseye)? Does that count for the higher points?

Or what if a shot juuuust nicks the paper? Does that count as 7 points or only 1 point?

For submissions, can we scan our targets with a scanner and send a JPG or PDF of it?

IanB

imported post

kle wrote:
what if a shot juuuust touches a ring (or the bullseye)? Does that count for the higher points?

Or what if a shot juuuust nicks the paper? Does that count as 7 points or only 1 point?

For submissions, can we scan our targets with a scanner and send a JPG or PDF of it?
Kle:

Good questions.

Your first question is answered under rule 10(b) "Hits that break a scoring ring will be scored for the higher ring number" Touching the ring does not count, it must break the ring. Scoring in the rings was intentionally written with the "break the ring" clause to eliminate any doubt about the score awarded.

Your second question is answered under rule 10(c) "Any hit outside the 8-ring will be assigned a score of “7” Since you made contact with paper, even only barely... that would be scored a hit.

I have no objection to scanned targets, I know some people have scanners but most I assume do not. A scanned target would be easier to judge than a photo. Scanned targets will be written into the rules.

kle

imported post

yeah, I wanted to try it out (I've never shot at 75 feet before); I went to the NRA range today with my brand new, only-been-factory-test-fired S&W SWOCK (er, SW9VE) and ran 190 rounds through it, 40 of which went through the printable-target for this competition...

I'm pretty stoked to have even hit the paper, let alone hit it in enough places to have a fairly good score (I scored it myself, but I'll send a scan over to Nekkid if I don't do any better before the 28th--I don't want to post it here in case I might be inadvertently bragging or opening myself to negative commentary).

I also took my H&K P7M10 and put 50 rounds through the targets at 75 feet, and got the same (self-evaluated) score as my Swock. Funny.

But yeah, everyone doing this, we have two weeks left =)

sitedzn

imported post

i went last weekend with intentions of getting a score to post. had a good one (for me anyway) until i was shooting at the target beside it, sending rounds down and hitting the wrong paper:what:. i still may post it if i can't get a better score (wrong hits were 45, score was with a 40 - you can clearly see the difference on the paper).

IanB

imported post

Here's my target from today, 56 points.

This is not my submission, I reserve the right to re-shoot for a better score.

IMG_0013.jpg

kle

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Here's my target from today, 56 points.

This is not my submission, I reserve the right to re-shoot for a better score.

I meant to get out today to try another target, but the NRA range was closed (they were doing some sort of small-bore competition). So I'll have to get out sometime this week...

IanB

imported post

I meant to get out today to try another target, but the NRA range was closed (they were doing some sort of small-bore competition). So I'll have to get out sometime this week...
The NRA range is open next weekend. Deadline is Saturday night @ 11:00PM so you don't need to get out there during the week if you don't want to.

kle

imported post

Mtn Jack wrote:
Just saw this post any chance of a yankee playing?Be Safe Mtn Jack
See OP:

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Howdy folks,

Thought I'd make things interesting and organize an e-Postal pistol match for OCDO members. I am posting this in the Virginia forum but the match is open to any ODCO member. Attached is a .doc file which will tell you the rules for the match as well as a location to download the target from. If you have any questions about the match or the rules please use the forum so everyone can see and participate vice sending me private messages.

Naked
Aye, open to any member.

This time we can use that target that is linked in the original post's instructions/rules, but I think next time we'll be using the Walmart targets...

sitedzn

imported post

here was my first go at it, not sure if i'll get another chance to get out before the 28th so i'll post now holding an option to post another later (if i can manage to beat this one). please disregard the circled 45 semiwadcutters that are circled - that was me rapid firing at the adjacent target:X. if nekkid want to DQ this target for those shots, i completely understand. i think i count 66 points on this one (67 if he counts that one that barely nips the red;)).

DSCF0260.jpg

IanB

imported post

I see a score of 67 sitedzn, there is no ring for the bull [no ring for 7 either] just a change of color. What I'm looking for is a break in the outline of the color, it appears you broke into the red with the shot at the 2:30 position [cannot see any black on the red edge]. Same applies for 7-ring, breaking the outline of the black will be a score for the 7-ring. Rings 8 & 9 have white rings which must be broken and touching the next higher black surface to be scored for the higher ring.

This is meant to be a fun match, no award or prize given, as long as no one has issues with accepting your target which has your accidental .45 hits clearly identified I don't.