Thread: Odd experience???

Post imported post

The other day My family and I were walking into the American Fork Famous Footwear. I had my pt-745 on my right hip with extra mag. A woman was coming in after us and I held the door for her and her family. She bluntly asked "what law gives you the right to were that?" I was quite taken back at her question and how she asked it. I didn't quite know what to say. I simply stated that there wasn't any laws that says I can't. (later that evening my wife confessed to me that before I answered she was going to say "because he can" I was so proud lol) Anyways,she went on stating that she had a family in VA that was a retired FBI and he was "required" to carry at all times. So I guess that it was a positive experience I was just kind of shocked at the way she approached it. She didn't seem (except for the way she asked the initial question) to be upset or negative about my side arm, but she was educated that day on Utah law.

Maze

Post imported post

mazellani819 wrote:
    She bluntly asked "what law gives you the right to were that?"

Tell them,"It's not a law that gives methe right. It's a Bill. And thank God I live in a state that still recognizes that Bill"

I can tell you've been Rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

Post imported post

What law gives you the right to breath?

None?

Your question was just answered.

Laws tell you what you CAN'T do Ma'am.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    What law gives you the right to breath?

None?

Your question was just answered.

Laws tell you what you CAN'T do Ma'am.
    nakedshoplifter hit the nail on the head. The American Legal System is based on the premise that "whatever is not expressly prohibited, is permitted".

ProguninTN

Post imported post

Her: "what law gives you the right to were that?"

Me: "you mean the right to bear arms?... I'm not sure, but I could swear that it was in the part of theConstitution called the Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment perhaps?"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Just tossing in an alternative reply.

"None ma'am. Not even the Bill of Rights grants rights. It recognizesintrinsic rights that existedbefore the Founding."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Ive developed ahabit of carrying a pocket Constitution. I think I would have handed her a copy and said-- "This one."

http://www.nccs.net/us_constitution.html
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

State Researcher

Post imported post

Don't forget the Utah Constitution. While it is far longer and less convenient to carry around than the federal constitution, the Utah State Constitution has some real gems in it (and some very interesting history that is mostly off-topic here).

Article 1, Section 6 is even more explicit, less able to be "interpreted" away, than the 2nd amendment to the federal constitution.

http://le.utah.gov/~code/const/htm/CO_02007.htm

Article I, Section 6. [Right to bear arms.]
    The individual right of the people to keep and bear arms for security and defense of self, family, others, property, or the state, as well as for other lawful purposes shall not be infringed; but nothing herein shall prevent the Legislature from defining the lawful use of arms.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Post imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
    The other day My family and I were walking into the American Fork Famous Footwear. I had my pt-745 on my right hip with extra mag. A woman was coming in after us and I held the door for her and her family. She bluntly asked "what law gives you the right to were that?" I was quite taken back at her question and how she asked it. I didn't quite know what to say. I simply stated that there wasn't any laws that says I can't. (later that evening my wife confessed to me that before I answered she was going to say "because he can" I was so proud lol) Anyways,she went on stating that she had a family in VA that was a retired FBI and he was "required" to carry at all times. So I guess that it was a positive experience I was just kind of shocked at the way she approached it. She didn't seem (except for the way she asked the initial question) to be upset or negative about my side arm, but she was educated that day on Utah law.

Maze
    Laws don't give rights.Rights came from God, and hopefully, the Constitution and various man made laws,protect those rights!

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    Ive developed ahabit of carrying a pocket Constitution. I think I would have handed her a copy and said-- "This one."

http://www.nccs.net/us_constitution.html
    Thanks, I have been looking for this. I got a bunch at a Meet and Greet for some State reps (I checked the post and it was in October). I got about 50 then and I'm all but out of now. I enjoy doing exactly what you said. People seem to think paper has more meaning than anything we can say.