• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fun Texan interaction in Colorado

denwego

imported post

I was at the drugstore this evening picking up some medicine and standing in line with my 1911 on my hip, along with my boots and hat from my last trip back home to Waco. As I was waiting to check out, an employee went by and made a double-take when she saw my pistol.

"Is that a nine-mil?"
"Nope, fourty-five."
"Are you a police officer?"
"Nope."
"A bounty hunter?"
"Nope."

She paused for a moment, looking me up and down, then said with a smile, "A Texan?"

Surely made me miss home, and want all the more the day when we'll finally be able to openly carry in the Lone Star and live up to America's expectations of us :cool: