• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Center BS!

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I am open to hearing both sides of the argument. I don't believe that everyone is. I was on the Brady Center's site and read this http://bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=878

I believe that the more influence peolpe like the president of the Brady center have on this country, the worse our rights will continue to be oppressed. Thank God for some Judges that remain true to the Constitution of OUR country. DC, hang in there. You'll be free soon!

psmartin

imported post

BobCav wrote:
"Keep you friends close...keep your enemies even closer" - SunTzu

I've never understood the phrase "I support the second amendment" followed by political hyperbol like:

1) "Handguns are prohibited"
2) "We're not trying to take away hunting"<just everything else>

It's too early to call on the 2008 Presidential race, but I think there will be a "run on the gunshops" if anyone with the mindset of Bloomberg becomes president.

Bloomberg *SUPPORTS* the 2nd amendment.. For himself, and his fulltime police force.. hehehe

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

psmartin wrote:
It's too early to call on the 2008 Presidential race, but I think there will be a "run on the gunshops" if anyone with the mindset of Bloomberg becomes president.

Bloomberg *SUPPORTS* the 2nd amendment.. For himself, and his fulltime police force.. hehehe

Sounds just like Hitler!

Virginian683

imported post

BobCav wrote:
psmartin wrote:

Sounds just like Hitler!

Oh really? And what did Hitler say?

Private firearms owership was but possible and easy in Nazi Germany. Hitlerrevised the Waffengesetz (weapons law) in 1938. The last one had been in 1928 -- during the democratic Weimar Republic. Among the changes Hitler made were: 1) lowered the age to own a gun from 20 to 18. 2) Eliminated restictions on quantity of guns and ammo people could own. 3) Hunting license now served as a concealed carry permit. 4) Eliminated registration of guns and ammo except for handguns.

I'll say that again -- Hitler eliminated most gun registration.

So in other words Nazi Germany was a gun owner's paradise compared to present day Germany or indeed any other European country except Switzerland.

Why is it contemporary democratic countriesfind it necessary disarm the people? Clearly because their leadersare not democractic in spirit and they actually fear the people they claim to represent. Hitler's governmenthad no reason to fear the German people as he had almost unnanimous poplular support in Germany right through 1945. (Not rendering a judgement, simply stating the fact.)

On a related note -- appearently firearms ownership is really widespread in the arab world, despite the "fact" that as we all know (rather are told) all the arab states are dictatorships. If a foriegn army invaded a European country today, there would beno resistance, no"insurgency," because the peoplearen't allowed tohave modern firearms. I find it very interesting thatEngland, France, and Germanyare "free countries" while the places where every adult male has a full auto AK and an RPG are the countries that need to be "liberated" -- according to our leaders. Just something to ponder.

Jersey Ron

imported post

Virginian683 wrote:
BobCav wrote:
psmartin wrote:

Sounds just like Hitler!

Oh really? And what did Hitler say?

Private firearms owership was but possible and easy in Nazi Germany. Hitlerrevised the Waffengesetz (weapons law) in 1938. The last one had been in 1928 -- during the democratic Weimar Republic. Among the changes Hitler made were: 1) lowered the age to own a gun from 20 to 18. 2) Eliminated restictions on quantity of guns and ammo people could own. 3) Hunting license now served as a concealed carry permit. 4) Eliminated registration of guns and ammo except for handguns.

I'll say that again -- Hitler eliminated most gun registration.

So in other words Nazi Germany was a gun owner's paradise compared to present day Germany or indeed any other European country except Switzerland.

Why is it contemporary democratic countriesfind it necessary disarm the people? Clearly because their leadersare not democractic in spirit and they actually fear the people they claim to represent. Hitler's governmenthad no reason to fear the German people as he had almost unnanimous poplular support in Germany right through 1945. (Not rendering a judgement, simply stating the fact.)

On a related note -- appearently firearms ownership is really widespread in the arab world, despite the "fact" that as we all know (rather are told) all the arab states are dictatorships. If a foriegn army invaded a European country today, there would beno resistance, no"insurgency," because the peoplearen't allowed tohave modern firearms. I find it very interesting thatEngland, France, and Germanyare "free countries" while the places where every adult male has a full auto AK and an RPG are the countries that need to be "liberated" -- according to our leaders. Just something to ponder.

Virginian683, EXCELLENT POST!!!!! And for the "boo-birds" that are about to label me.....I'm a black, episcopalian conservative!! So..there!!! I've been doing a lot of reading on that era and I'm not to sure everything I've been "fed" on the topic is true.

Jersey

TrueBrit

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
appearently firearms ownership is really widespread in the arab world,

Can you provide a reliable source for this statement?

I seem to recall seeing on the TV ,just before the invasion of Iraq, footage of Iraqui citizens freely buying all kinds of guns,no problems. Also, there has recently been footage of guys in the bazaar in Peshawar, Afghanistan, making guns and selling them freely.

Just my 2 cents worth.

TrueBrit.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oh come on...the reference to Hitler was a generalization,nothing more.None of us were there and history is written by the victors. There's more to the picture of both Hitler and Bloomberg. Hitler stomped on civil rights of the German people constantly and forced his personal will and agenda on the whole of Europe and beyond. Sound familiar?

I will not "admire" him just because he was pro-gun for a period nor doesthat fact disqualifymy statement. He likely armed his population because he knew a war was pending and an armed citizenry makes everyone a "soldier" and puts everyone in a diffferent frame of mind. It is empowering and he knew it. Even Yamamoto said he would not invade mainland America because "behind every blade of grass is a rifle."

He didn't fear an armed citizenry because he had his jackbooted SS Stormtroopers to kill anyone that spoke out against him or ze party! So much for arming the citizens. He put and kept them in their place. They were better than other "inferior" races, but they were a class below the military, who were below the SS, etc, etc.

One little thing like that brief pro-gun period does not make the paperhanger a hero of pro-gun rights. That's the same attitude that Brady Center lobbyists today would shove down our throats to convince us to vote some clown into office just because he is on the same gun/abortion/welfare/reform/etc. platform as we happen to be. There are a lot of politicians today that are pro-gun and would be CRAP Presidents. I vote the best candidate for the job, not just because he has an agenda that aligns with my personal beliefs.

possumboy

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Oh come on...the reference to Hitler was a generalization,nothing more.None of us were there and history is written by the victors. There's more to the picture of both Hitler and Bloomberg. Hitler stomped on civil rights of the German people constantly and forced his personal will and agenda on the whole of Europe and beyond. Sound familiar?

Don't say none of us was there. I know people that read this board that were there. The people are are my family that is now in America to escape Hitler. After getting married, I met my first holocaust survivor.

As for Hilter being loved by Germans, he disarmed anyone that did not agree with his party. You could have your guns as long as you went along with him. This is not from history books, this is from the mouth of people that live through that [hell] - hell is not the correct term because Jewish religion does not believe in hell.

So, do not tell me how good Hilter was, how good he treated the people, or how good he was at protecting rights. I've seen and heard first hand accounts of treatment, hiding, and concentration camps. I even have first hand accounts and pictures of the freeing of concentration camps by America GIs. Well from one American GI - my grandfather. He taught me how you cannot let your government get out of control.

On paper he may have looked good, but the above statement compares to saying handgun violence is down in England since the handgun ban. Maybe, but violent crime as increased unbelievablily.

Bob, only the first few lines are directed at you.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I don't think anyone was standing up for Hitler... at least I hope not... I'd sooner stand up for Castro. At least he is the prime example of the most successful government leader in modern history. He too was pro arming the people until he took over. Then he anyone who was armed was an "enemy of the people". My grandfather spent some time in a Cuban jail because even though he didn't believe in conflict, the rebels bought food and supplies from him with guns. Castro's guys found out and threw him in jail. To the day he died, said that he didn't side with the rebels against Castro, he just liked the guns... I wonder...

RIP Jorge

SFDoc

imported post

possumboy wrote:
As for Hilter being loved by Germans, he disarmed anyone that did not agree with his party. You could have your guns as long as you went along with him. This is not from history books, this is from the mouth of people that live through that [hell] - hell is not the correct term because Jewish religion does not believe in hell.

So, do not tell me how good Hilter was, how good he treated the people, or how good he was at protecting rights. I've seen and heard first hand accounts of treatment, hiding, and concentration camps.
I'm in full agreement. My mother and her family were able to escape Hitler's rule in 1938 and came to the U. S.

My father was with the first American troops that were sent over and aided in the liberation of some the camps.To this day he still can not bring himself to even talk about what he saw.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

http://bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=885

"We believe that based on existing Federal law, Cho Seung-Hui should not have passed his Brady background checks and should not have been allowed to purchase firearms."

No Sh.t!

It has nothing to do with the gun dealer(s) involved, or the guns themselves. This was strictly an omission on the part of this F'd up individual.