Thread: 1 out of 3 is not good, Legislative Session

Post imported post

HB420- Exempt Firearms made in Montana and stays in Montana from the Federal Commerce Clause- Tabled in the Senate Judicuary Committee.

HB340- Citizen Self Defense- Tabled in Senate Judicary Committee, motion for a 2d reading failed.

SB309 - Prohibit confiscation of firearms during a declared emergency- Returned to the Senate with amendments. I don't know what the amendments are but this should pass, it left the Senate the first time with a 96% Yes vote.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Let me say that most of the state is probably for these bills. The problem lies with the representatives/senators from the cities that are full of tree huggers and out of state transplant democrats....(go figure....)

All we can do is sit and wait unfortunately. We really need these bills to help solidify our rights more than they already are.

Matt

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    HB420- Exempt Firearms made in Montana and stays in Montana from the Federal Commerce Clause- Tabled in the Senate Judicuary Committee.

HB340- Citizen Self Defense- Tabled in Senate Judicary Committee, motion for a 2d reading failed.

SB309 - Prohibit confiscation of firearms during a declared emergency- Returned to the Senate with amendments. I don't know what the amendments are but this should pass, it left the Senate the first time with a 96% Yes vote.
    I can only hope that HB420 passes. This would start years of litigation and is in a still liberal 10th circuit, but would make for some great case law.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Thanks for the update, VAopencarry.

I think the Montana Guns was more of a position statement directed at Congress than a genuine gun bill. I could be wrong, though. They also had a bill directing state employees to ignore a number of provisions in the national RealID law.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I agree that HB 420 would give Congress the willies! I wish we'd try that here.

I'm trying to imagine a nice, sleek semi-auto pistol, made from Virginia iron and Virginia walnut, totally designed and manufactured here, and marked as such, then sold only to Virginians from the factory store. Indeed, how could Congress regulate such a tool? Their only power is to regulate INTERSTATE commerce. We know they've abused that concept egregiously over the years, but I think the firearm mentioned above might make for some very interesting court battles regarding states' rights vs congressional usurpation. It could event make it to the supreme court.

Think of the strokes that Bloomberg, Brady, Schumer and Hitlery would have. Hell, even Trejbal would probably decide that Virginia is hopeless, and he'd move somewhere else to do his liberal missionary work!

Post imported post

I agree HB 420 was most likely just to tell the feds to F-off.

HB340 should have passed.

Matt, I saw on another gun forum a Montanan called the city BozAngeles
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Matt, I saw on another gun forum a Montanan called the city BozAngeles
    I don't blame them

Post imported post

Sounds like they are invading the west, don't hear as much about it east of the mountains. BozAngeles, would be more funny if it wasn't true

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    SB309 has passed the legislature, and has been sent to enrolling.

I can truly say I am happy that this has passed.

Matt

Post imported post

Thanks for the update, Matt.

Post imported post

I haven't yet found whether these bills have passed yet but I found the text of the bills here www.umt.edu/law/Library/Bailiwick/2007/Mar2.pdf and you have to download a pdf which, if you scroll down to the top os page 4, it lists HB420 and HB340. Just clik on the numbers and it will download a text pdf of them. I didn't find anything there for SB 309 .

Post imported post

If you want to find out what is going on with bills in the Montana legislature, try here: http://leg.mt.gov/css/bills/default.asp

Using the search function you can find the bill of interest and learn all you need to know.

-P

Post imported post

It is not just transplants in Bozeangeles. It doesn't help that many of the rural pro-gun ranchers sell out and will vote for any democrat since dems tend to be strong supporters of farm subsidies.

Check it out

http://farm.ewg.org/sites/farm/

In my area I know many of the ranches that collect large subsidies and few are driving junk or hurting for money, but I would bet they vote democratic.

Post imported post

Maybe we should push for some HB420 style laws in our own respective states....
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Interesting to read this thread with some historical context.

Two years ago Montana Firearms Freedom Act didn't make it out of Committee.

Now it has passed and to date, 20 other states have submitted copy cat bills. :celebrate

AND the Self Defense bill passed this year too.

Post imported post

Problem is, about all we have in Montana are some custom bolt-action rifle makers.

My 45acp comes out of Texas and ... well, all my other guns comes from out of state.

Post imported post

Here in Kalispell is this manufacture of Ar's, http://shop.si-defense.com/

TWG2A

Post imported post

MT GUNNY wrote:
    Here in Kalispell is this manufacture of Ar's, http://shop.si-defense.com/
    NICE!

Now that I'm settled here in BOZAngeles (hahaha) I'll start looking into the legislation and making some noise.

Does everyone know about the Memorial Day Parade here in Bozeman on Monday? It's the first in FIFTY YEARS! I wouldn't miss it for the WORLD and I've offered to assist with food and coordination/assistance. I'll post a thread on the main MT page.

If you plan to attend, send me a note! It would be great to meet some of you there!

GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS. WE LOVE YOU.