Thread: Why did this even make it to the news section

Post imported post

I was catchin up on the news in my area and came across this headline link "Felon found with gun on him, police say" so I clicked, always trying to keep up with guns news.

Here is the whole article as it is really short
    -----------
    Eugene Scott
    The Arizona Republic
    Apr. 5, 2007 09:22 AM
    A convicted felon was found with a .380 caliber handgun and drug paraphernalia, Tempe police said.

Police arrested Joel Drawhon, 40, at 2 p.m. Monday in the 1700 block of East El Parque Drive, near East Broadway Road and South McClintock Drive, records show.

Police said Drawhon, a repeat offender, had drugs and a syringe, and had a handgun in a small bag on a seat, fictitious plates and provided a false name.

There was also a felony warrant out on Drawhon when he was arrested, according to police.
    ----------
    Must have been a slow news day for Mr Scott, seems like he is just trying to scare people more than inform. Here is the link also.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...andgun-on.html

State Researcher

Post imported post

That can't be true!! Convicted felons aren't allowed to have guns! They must be lying. If the law says a felon can't have a gun, then there's NO WAY that man could have had one.

<end sarasm>