Thread: Why did this even make it to the news section

Mesa, Arizona, USA

Post imported post

I was catchin up on the news in my area and came across this headline link "Felon found with gun on him, police say" so I clicked, always trying to keep up with guns news.

Here is the whole article as it is really short
    Eugene Scott
    The Arizona Republic
    Apr. 5, 2007 09:22 AM
    A convicted felon was found with a .380 caliber handgun and drug paraphernalia, Tempe police said.

Police arrested Joel Drawhon, 40, at 2 p.m. Monday in the 1700 block of East El Parque Drive, near East Broadway Road and South McClintock Drive, records show.

Police said Drawhon, a repeat offender, had drugs and a syringe, and had a handgun in a small bag on a seat, fictitious plates and provided a false name.

There was also a felony warrant out on Drawhon when he was arrested, according to police.
    Must have been a slow news day for Mr Scott, seems like he is just trying to scare people more than inform. Here is the link also.

State Researcher

Post imported post

That can't be true!! Convicted felons aren't allowed to have guns! They must be lying. If the law says a felon can't have a gun, then there's NO WAY that man could have had one.

<end sarasm>