• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why did this even make it to the news section

vega480

imported post

I was catchin up on the news in my area and came across this headline link "Felon found with gun on him, police say" so I clicked, always trying to keep up with guns news.

Here is the whole article as it is really short
-----------
Eugene Scott
The Arizona Republic
Apr. 5, 2007 09:22 AM
A convicted felon was found with a .380 caliber handgun and drug paraphernalia, Tempe police said.

Police arrested Joel Drawhon, 40, at 2 p.m. Monday in the 1700 block of East El Parque Drive, near East Broadway Road and South McClintock Drive, records show.

Police said Drawhon, a repeat offender, had drugs and a syringe, and had a handgun in a small bag on a seat, fictitious plates and provided a false name.

There was also a felony warrant out on Drawhon when he was arrested, according to police.
----------
Must have been a slow news day for Mr Scott, seems like he is just trying to scare people more than inform. Here is the link also.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0405brk-handgun-on.html

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

That can't be true!! Convicted felons aren't allowed to have guns! They must be lying. If the law says a felon can't have a gun, then there's NO WAY that man could have had one.

<end sarasm>