• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Problems with Blackhawk Serpa holsters??

D

Desertdoc

imported post

cato wrote:
I'm glad to read that so many posters here like their Serpa holsters. I would not use one for duty untill more time andtestinghas passed. Normal CCW and OC use by citizens seems not to be a problem based on the experiences here.

Jumping over walls, rolling on the ground with suspects, high speed chases jamming your Rt. hand holster into the seat belt receptacle, in and out of the car dozens of times a day, etc... I'll stick to the tried and true...
Portsmouth PD has tested it... in fact.. they now issue it to every officer

D

Desertdoc

imported post

adamwa wrote:
sweet, i will order one on monday when we decide on a house and i have an address
Look at the Marine Corps exchange. They had them a few weeks ago

sitedzn

imported post

according to a LEO we ran into at Town Police Supply in chesterfield, a lot of VSP are using level 3 serpas now.

oh, and they are on sale right now for $38 @ Town Police Supply. http://townpolice.com/index.ivnu

their site isn't very good, don't list most of what they have. tons of safariland holsters (if you have a sig that is). i plan to go back and get one for my 1911. paid $45 directly from blackhawk for my m&p a few months ago.

DeadCenter

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
DeadCenter wrote:
adamwa wrote:
XD 45 acp compact

The back order problem probably stems from the XD being fairly new.

Nice gun eh?? I have two tacticals :lol:

DC

what you got there is plastic guns.. did u think about getting something made with real metals instead like sig? or kimber?

HHHMMMM -- Ah -- NO.

cato

imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
cato wrote:
I'm glad to read that so many posters here like their Serpa holsters. I would not use one for duty until more time andtestinghas passed. Normal CCW and OC use by citizens seems not to be a problem based on the experiences here.

Jumping over walls, rolling on the ground with suspects, high speed chases jamming your Rt. hand holster into the seat belt receptacle, in and out of the car dozens of times a day, etc... I'll stick to the tried and true...
Portsmouth PD has tested it... in fact.. they now issue it to every officer

I really do like the concept and have considered getting one, it's just when you need it, you really need it now. The SLS hood with Safariland and the Blackhawk Serpa are great ideas, I am however comfortable with less retention and know I can always get it out. Otherwise I rely on H2H for retention.

Perhaps I'll start with one for off duty.

Wooley

imported post

I worked at a tactical supply store and we sold TONS of Serpas. I think we had 2 come back...one with a busted spring in the retention and one was a lefty when he needed a righty...his girlfriend bought it for him.

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

last time i was at blue ridge arsenal...i was looking for a holster for my k-frame and saw the serpa holsters and was irritated that they didnt have one for my k-frame or my p89dc, however my buddy (who was with me at the time) picked one up for his glock and he has reported no problems with it except that he now wishes it was a thigh rig.

Again....Blue Ridge Arsenal has the serpa holsters, not sure on the price though.

Jason aka "Kodiak"

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
last time i was at blue ridge arsenal...i was looking for a holster for my k-frame and saw the serpa holsters and was irritated that they didnt have one for my k-frame or my p89dc, however my buddy (who was with me at the time) picked one up for his glock and he has reported no problems with it except that he now wishes it was a thigh rig.

Again....Blue Ridge Arsenal has the serpa holsters, not sure on the price though.

Jason aka "Kodiak"
My understanding was that the Serpa could be attached to a blackhawk thigh rig.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

cato wrote:
I wonder if they could move the release another notch to the rearso the middle finger and not the trigger finger is the activator?
Why? Your middle finger should be on the grip with your ring and pinky fingers.
I think the button is exactly in the correct place. Trigger finger where trigger finger should be on gun once drawn.

tapper95

imported post

I've heard that one of the Glock holsters will fit my S&W Sigma SW40V but I haven't been able to get my hands on one to try the fit yet.One I tried almost fit...the trigger guard was a little to large. Anyone using a Serpa for a Sigma?

sitedzn

imported post

check blackhawk's site. you can get the model number there. i had to use a G20/21 for my M&P, just had to tighten the tension screw all the way down.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

beradcee wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone out there has had any problems with their Blackhawk Serpa holsters?? Meaning any broken springs or buttons or retention problems. I ask because as the weather gets nicer, I will be riding my motorcycle (hopefully) a lot this summer and don't want to have to worry about damaging or (worse) losing my Glock.

I use mine EVERY day. I even use it when I'm out running ( about 30 min runs ) and it works perfect to me.

I have a Kimber Pro TLE/RLII for my Serpa//

Get it Enjoy it and you will really Love it .

Mjolnir

imported post

Actually, the serpa holster is worthless and a danger to anybody that actually might possibley carry anyplace other than thier living room.

all it takes is one little pin headed size hunk of grit to foul the holster and rended it inop & make it impossible to draw your sidearm in an emergency. However, in blackhawk's defence they have re designed the holster several times trying to fix the weak areas & identified problems.

Oh and it's also extremly dangerous when carying a Glock and several AD's have occured while trying to draw a Glock from a serpa.

There is a reason the vast majority of HSLD handgun schools & instructors do not like the serpa and several have gone so far as to not allow you to shoot thier courses of fire if your holster is a serpa.

just_a_car

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Actually, the serpa holster is worthless and a danger to anybody that actually might possibley carry anyplace other than thier living room.

all it takes is one little pin headed size hunk of grit to foul the holster and rended it inop & make it impossible to draw your sidearm in an emergency. However, in blackhawk's defence they have re designed the holster several times trying to fix the weak areas & identified problems.

Oh and it's also extremly dangerous when carying a Glock and several AD's have occured while trying to draw a Glock from a serpa.

There is a reason the vast majority of HSLD handgun schools & instructors do not like the serpa and several have gone so far as to not allow you to shoot thier courses of fire if your holster is a serpa.
Interesting claims... as I'm looking into getting a Serpa, would you please post some links to these AD's or schools/instructors that have spoke out against the Serpa, because most of what I hear is positive.