• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Problems with Blackhawk Serpa holsters??

beradcee

imported post

I was just wondering if anyone out there has had any problems with their Blackhawk Serpa holsters?? Meaning any broken springs or buttons or retention problems. I ask because as the weather gets nicer, I will be riding my motorcycle (hopefully) a lot this summer and don't want to have to worry about damaging or (worse) losing my Glock.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've only used mine a half dozen times with my Glock, but no problems. It appears pretty well constructed, and the mechanism is so simple, I'd be surprised if it didn't work reliably.

molonlabetn

imported post

I've been using mine most days since I got it well over a year ago. No problems. I check the screws for tightness every so often, but they've never shown signs of backing out or flexing. The locking mechanism is always smooth and positive. I'm sure that it will wear out eventually (all mechanisms do)... but when it does, I'll be buying another one just like it,to replace it.

molonlabetn

DeadCenter

imported post

I have onefor my glock and I use itdaily with no problems. I really like the holster.

However, when I ride I switch back to thumb break holster just for a bit of added security. This is only for my own comfort and in no way down plays the BlackHawk holster.

DC

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

Check out this link:

http://www.teddytactical.com/archive/Feature/2006/01_Feature.htm

I guess there have been problems with them. However this is the ONLY bad story I've heard about them.

With the number of them running around out there on the street statisticly something will happen. After all the holster has moving parts and anything with moving parts is a machine and machines fail.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The only problem I have with Blackhawk Serpa holsters is

THEY DON'T MAKE THEM FOR MY RUGER P345!!:cuss::cuss::cuss:

I e-mailed them and they have no intention of making one either.

I hate them now...

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Adamwa,
Just go to any of the local gun shows. There were at least 2 dealers selling them at the last Hampton show, and they each had piles of them for all the major brands of pistols (except Rugers!:?).

beradcee

imported post

If you find the right dealer at the showsthey are about $5-$10 cheaper than what you would pay buying one online. Add in shipping and it's even more.

cato

imported post

I'm glad to read that so many posters here like their Serpa holsters. I would not use one for duty untill more time andtestinghas passed. Normal CCW and OC use by citizens seems not to be a problem based on the experiences here.

Jumping over walls, rolling on the ground with suspects, high speed chases jamming your Rt. hand holster into the seat belt receptacle, in and out of the car dozens of times a day, etc... I'll stick to the tried and true...

VAopencarry

imported post

I don't think they want to. The release tab being activated by the forefinger is a very natural position for drawing and indexing of the trigger finger.