• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FBI Agent may have been shot by fellow FBI Agent

VAopencarry

imported post

From CNN:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Preliminary information suggests an FBI agent killed Thursday during an attempted arrest of three bank-robbery suspects in New Jersey may have been accidentally shot by an another agent, the bureau said in a statement. Barry Lee Bush, 52, a special agent assigned to the Newark, New Jersey FBI office, was fatally wounded during a "dynamic arrest situation," the FBI said.......
rest of article

That sucks.

Yet the general public continues to believe law enforcement have these mythical ninja like abilities with guns, go figure.......

LeagueOf1291

imported post

I heard on the radio yesterday that this is only the thirty-fifth time that an FBI agent has been shot in the line of duty. I wonder how many others were friendly fire?

Edit: maybe that was thirty-five"killed" in the line of duty.