• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR15 and CAR A4 owners

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
rlh2005 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Anyone know a Class III dealer in the area that is friendly?
You could try Stockman Sporting Goods. I've seen
them at the last few Fredericksburg gun shows and has had several class III weapons on display for sale. I almost bought my AR/M4gery from him but I didn't have proof of citizenship with me.

When people ask about purchasing such a weapon, he gives a good explaination on the process and costs. He seems like a decent guy while chatting with him. This is a side business for him but said he will do FFL transfers.

Thanks... I will need to have it transferred since it is out of state.

I have always wanted an MP5. I fell in love with it when I fired it at the range last year.
Doug is a good guy to deal with. I recommend him too. If you frequent gun shows around here you've probably met him already. He's friends with Steve the Fort Knox safe dealer, and they often hang out together to chat when the show isn't too busy. LEO 229, you mentioned at one point having a huge safe to keep your firearms in, so I imagine that you already know Steve too, since he's the only Fort Knox dealer in the area. (Assuming that your safe is a Fort Knox.)

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Wow they are paying officers well here in VA. An MP5 isnt cheap. Either that or your wife really ROCKS! I would have to buy a new bed for the other room if i came home after spending something like 5 grand on a new toy. I agree tho that the MP is much better than the M4. What cal. are you looking at ?

IanB

imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
Wow they are paying officers well here in VA. An MP5 isnt cheap. Either that or your wife really ROCKS! I would have to buy a new bed for the other room if i came home after spending something like 5 grand on a new toy. I agree tho that the MP is much better than the M4. What cal. are you looking at ?

5 grand? If you know where I can get one for 5 grand PLEASE let me know!!! I'll have cash in hand within a day!

These things are more like 20K for the "real deal" pre-86 select fire models.

LEO is prolly looking at a clone.

Example: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=87750

LEO 229

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Desertdoc wrote:

5 grand? If you know where I can get one for 5 grand PLEASE let me know!!! I'll have cash in hand within a day!

These things are more like 20K for the "real deal" pre-86 select fire models.

LEO is prolly looking at a clone.

Example: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=87750

I am looking spending at least $22,000..... They were cheaper a few years ago.:cuss:

I do not have any bills so I have cash to spend. Getting lots of money back this year from the IRS and state.

LEO 229

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
Doug is a good guy to deal with. I recommend him too. If you frequent gun shows around here you've probably met him already. He's friends with Steve the Fort Knox safe dealer, and they often hang out together to chat when the show isn't too busy. LEO 229, you mentioned at one point having a huge safe to keep your firearms in, so I imagine that you already know Steve too, since he's the only Fort Knox dealer in the area. (Assuming that your safe is a Fort Knox.)

I spoke to Steve when I was ready to buy. He blew me off BIG TIME!! Guess he did not take me serious. I ended up buying from out of state for way less than his offer and the inside delivery charge was actually cheaper than curbside delivery. They could not figure that out.

Took 3 guys 2.5 hours to bring it into the house.. first floor. It is 1,800 pounds too. I have the Titan Model.

Attachments

• Titian.JPG
    Titian.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 344

LEO 229

imported post

hlh wrote:
A LEO with lots of spare $$$ and time to be on this board... I want your job! :D
We do not have any kids either.... Wife and are selfish... You can have my job in another 13 years when I retire. :D

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Finally got the photo up here. Picked it up about 2 weeks ago. RRA Tactical CAR 4. Only added the Tasco ProPoint Red-Dot last week. I'm looking forward to finally shoot it next week.

Attachments

• RRA_Web.jpg
    RRA_Web.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 339

LEO 229

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Finally got the photo up here. Picked it up about 2 weeks ago. RRA Tactical CAR 4. Only added the Tasco ProPoint Red-Dot last week. I'm looking forward to finally shoot it next week.
Nice choice!! Where do you go shooting? I still need to zero mine in.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

For this, I'll likely go to Blue Ridge, out in Chantilly. I'd like to try the NRA range, not just for this but in general. I normally shoot at Gilberts. I like the range and the guys that work there. Oh yeah, can't shoot this at Gilberts, unless you get a 22lr converter.

IanB

imported post

I'm envious of the tac handles on the RRA's. Looked at the website, they run $175. Waaay too much in my opinion.

IanB

imported post

I'm a Gilbert's annual member, if you wanna shoot sometime lemme know.

Yeah, I wish it was more than just a pistol range. I'm thinking about not renewing and joining NRA range for that reason.

LEO 229

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Anyone for an OCDO AR-15 meet up at NRA range next Saturday?

I will be working... :( So I cannot attend.

Ihave never been to the NRA range. I did visit the museum, fun!! What is the cost to shoot? I know you have to take some kind of safety test first.

IanB

imported post

The safety test takes about 15-20 minutes if you have average reading skills and intelligence. I suggest putting your name on the waiting list for a lane while working on the test.

Rates are hourly if you're not a range member
15/hr (non NRA)
12/hr (NRA)

Very nice, clean, and well lit. Sets the standard for what an indoor range should look like.

LEO 229

imported post

OK... So it looks like I need to go ahead of time and get the test knocked out so I am not delayed in shooting during a group outing.

Do they have any yearly or family memberships?

IanB

imported post

Time (to meet at NRA)?

Quick, someone call the Richmond PD... I have an aresenal.

IMG_0012.jpg