• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR15 and CAR A4 owners

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I spoke to Steve when I was ready to buy. He blew me off BIG TIME!! Guess he did not take me serious.
Steve is VERY busy and he tends to neglect his customers, but if you keep bugging him you eventually get what you want/need. I understand your frustration with him and your decision to buy out-of-state instead. I've bought 3 safes from him and helped him move them twice, and I've had good luck with him being there when I needed him. The last time I moved the moving company I used offered to move my safes for me, but they didn't have the special equipment that's needed nor the experience and I had visions of my thousand-pound safes going end-over-end down the stairs, flattening people along the way before crashing through the wall at the bottom.

If you're looking for a place to shoot your AR, I have access to a nice outdoor range for about $85 a year, and it's just down in Stafford County about 18 miles from my house.

IanB

imported post

If you're looking for a place to shoot your AR, I have access to a nice outdoor range for about $85 a year, and it's just down in Stafford County about 18 miles from my house.
Any further info? Website?

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Any further info? Website?
My guess is the Izaak Walton League, Alexandria chapter. Yes, Alexandria. Their facility is off VA-610 in Stafford (along MCB Quantico, I believe).

zoom6zoom

imported post

Leo, I can't remember the name offhand, but there's a C3 dealer in Stafford and one in Spotsylvania - saw them either on the ar15.com hometown/virgina forum (click on the "gunshops" sticky) or on the suppressed weapons subforum on sigforum.com

I'm about to build my first AR - picked up a lower at the Chantilly show and my parts kit should arrive next week. It'll be a 20" A2. Base price before starting to add stuff: under $600.

Isaac Walton costs $100/year plus they charge a $100 initiation fee. I do need to find a place to shoot since Shooter's is out of action for now.

swatpro911

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I purchased a RRA Entry Tactical last year from RRA at a discount plus free shipping for $850.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1251X&storeid=1&image=entry07.gif&CFID=36215773&CFTOKEN=91304390

I purchased a the RRA Dominator2 Mount online cheaper from a third party website for about $120.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR0125FASSY&storeid=1&image=rrdom07.gif&CFID=36215773&CFTOKEN=91304390

I purchasedthe EOTech Holosight, Model 511 (Shorter model with N batteries) from ebay for $340.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR3780&storeid=1&image=eot07.gif&CFID=36215773&CFTOKEN=91304390

I purchased the SureFire tactical handguard rails on ebay for about $150.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR3005&storeid=1&image=hgrdsf.gif&CFID=36215773&CFTOKEN=91304390

I purchased theEZSling direct from the company. I have used this sling in the past and it is nice for $25.00

http://www.slingsystem.com/new_page_ez.htm

Purchased the SureFire M910A-WH Vertical Foregrip WeaponLight, with thumb-screw mount form ebay for about $350.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR3031&storeid=1&image=sf900.gif

Purchased the Graphite Fore Grip, Quick Detach, Black from ebay for about $20.00.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR3225&storeid=1&image=forgrp.gif&CFID=36215773&CFTOKEN=91304390

Pic taken late so lighting is not the best. Will post more taken in the daylight.
is it legal for civilian to own what you got there? isnt it banned for civilian use?

swatpro911

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Finally got the photo up here. Picked it up about 2 weeks ago. RRA Tactical CAR 4. Only added the Tasco ProPoint Red-Dot last week. I'm looking forward to finally shoot it next week.
I am interested in getting one also, how much did it cost u the gun and the red dot scope? any special buying requirements needed?

LEO 229

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
is it legal for civilian to own what you got there? isnt it banned for civilian use?
What part did I install that would make it illegal? :p

It's all good!

LEO 229

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
I am interested in getting one also, how much did it cost u the gun and the red dot scope? any special buying requirements needed?
Both models we have are $1000. I do not know the scope price... I have the EOTech sight.

Special Requirements.... Must be 18or older and have proof your a US citizen in order to buy an assault rifle.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1251X&storeid=1&image=entry07.gif&CFID=38417513&CFTOKEN=16831668

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1200X&storeid=1&image=taca407.gif&CFID=38417513&CFTOKEN=16831668

sitedzn

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
swatpro911 wrote:
Both models we have are $1000. I do not know the scope price... I have the EOTech sight.

Special Requirements.... Must be 18or older and have proof your a US citizen in order to buy an assault rifle.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1251X&storeid=1&image=entry07.gif&CFID=38417513&CFTOKEN=16831668

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1200X&storeid=1&image=taca407.gif&CFID=38417513&CFTOKEN=16831668
is this something that goes to the BATFE like buying full auto? i was going to buy a DPMS Panther Lite from Stockman back when they were at the show in Mechanicsville, but was told i needed proof of citizenship (specifically she said a birth certificate or passport (i think)) but neglected to mention that a voter id card is acceptable also - WHICH I HAD ON ME:cuss:. that rifle was only $699 and included 2 magazines. man i wanted that thing bad, but now i have a nice 1911 instead.

LEO 229

imported post

Nothing goes to the ATF for any firearms you buy. All records are kept with the dealer that the AFT can review when necessary.

Now if you want a short barrel, a full auto rifle, or a silencer... You must submit a form and pay a one time tax to the ATF to get their permission. They return your paperwork with a tax stamp and once you have that.. you can possess the weapon or item in question.

The paperwork you fill out at the dealer is just for your background check and this stays with the dealer.

sitedzn

imported post

the thing that got me with her response was that she told me due to the fact the rifle had a collapsable stock, it was classified as an assault rifle. the way i read it, the code says a foldable stock, not collapsable. i dunno. i'll just go to bob's or town police (they have a nice RRA for 850 - so i'm told).

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
My guess is the Izaak Walton League, Alexandria chapter. Yes, Alexandria. Their facility is off VA-610 in Stafford (along MCB Quantico, I believe).
Absolutely right. :D Anytime I want to go shooting during daylight hours I just go and let myself in. The address is below,and the regular monthly meeting where you can join is every third Sunday at 2:00
2729 Garrisonville Road

Stafford, Virginia

Oh, and if they ask who is sponsoring you, tell them Kyle Cain (me) since they don't know me as OC-Glock19. :p

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

is this something that goes to the BATFE like buying full auto? i was going to buy a DPMS Panther Lite from Stockman back when they were at the show in Mechanicsville, but was told i needed proof of citizenship (specifically she said a birth certificate or passport (i think))

The Commonwealth of Virginia describes an Assault Firearm as;
"Assault firearm" means any semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol which expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine which will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock." ( From VA Code § 18.2-308.2:2.)

This info is from the VSP Website, about 2/3rd down the page. Yes, these are considered AW's and require a bit more ID. I did not know it two weeks ago, I hope I've helped my compatriots.

Transfer of an Assault Firearm

Proof of citizenship, or of lawful admission for a permanent residence, must be established prior to the purchase of an "assault firearm." An assault firearm is defined as any semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of offence with a magazine which will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock.

Acceptable forms of proof of citizenship or lawful residence, pursuant to §18.2-308.2:2 are:

• a certified birth certificate or certificate of birth abroad issued by the US State Department,
  • an un-expired US Passport,
  • a U. S. citizen identification card,
  • a current voter registration card,
  • a current selective service registration card,
  • an immigrant or registration card issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and
  • a certificate of citizenship or a certificate of naturalization issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

LEO 229

imported post

sitedzn wrote:
the thing that got me with her response was that she told me due to the fact the rifle had a collapsable stock, it was classified as an assault rifle. the way i read it, the code says a foldable stock, not collapsable. i dunno. i'll just go to bob's or town police (they have a nice RRA for 850 - so i'm told).

Folding... collapsing.. It is all the same. The stock can be shortened. This is scary to people and thus... an assault rifle is born. :D

$850 is a good deal for the RRA rifle.

LEO 229

imported post

Received an Email today.... Was told to call Monday and talk about the MP5 purchase.

I will be sure to let some of you shoot it if I ever actually get it. :dude:

BYOA = Bring your own ammo.

Wooley

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
sitedzn wrote:

Folding... collapsing.. It is all the same. The stock can be shortened. This is scary to people and thus... an assault rifle is born. :D

$850 is a good deal for the RRA rifle.
No, $700 totalfor a RRArifleanda Sig 228 is a good deal. :cool:

LEO 229

imported post

Wooley wrote:
No, $700 totalfor a RRArifleanda Sig 228 is a good deal. :cool:

True that!!!

But you do not see that offer everyday.....

IanB

imported post

Calibre? 9mm? .40?

(I won't post the pic of 2200 rounds of 9mm ammo again:lol:)