• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time

beradcee

imported post

OC'd for the first time today. Took the baby to the grandparents and I know they don't mind so I took the Glock along. Stopped for a soda at CVS on Rt. 1. People seemed more interested in the baby than the pistol. Kind of exciting.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Must be nice to have the grandparents not care about a gun. My girlfriend's grandmother has requested (through my girlfriend) that I don't "bring guns into her house". I guess it's not a huge deal, but I just hate having to leave my gun in the car. They still give me dirty looks when I have my holster on, even though they're "not anti-gun"... :?

Anyway congrats :)pretty soon you'll be planning your outings around where you can carry and where you WANT to carry, lol.

IanB

imported post

"Aww, your baby is soooo cute!"

Yeah, and the holster is pretty dang sweet too. Got it from Blackhawk for $54 plus shipping.

Oh, thaaat baby...

beradcee

imported post

I actually turned my inlaws onto guns. My dad gave me a Glock for a Christmas present. Wife was totally against it until she went shooting with me. She now owns a S&W Model 639. Mother-in-law was totally against guns until she found out they offer safety classes. Now she owns aRuger P95 and my father-in-law bought a Sig 226 anda Mossberg 12 gauge. All for self defense. Kind of funny how things work out like that.

IanB

imported post

(Got any idea how unique your experience is in this world???)

Just hang out at Gilbert's in Springfield for a while. You'll encounter foreigners renting guns at the range who are thrilled for the experience.

beradcee

imported post

i come from a family who had guns since i can remember. My dad was a marine for 21 years and an avid sportsman. I grew up hunting, skeet shoooting, and just shooting for fun. My wife's family has NEVER owned firearms until now. And all of those mentioned before have been bought since January. And they want more. If only everyone could be brought around to our way of thinking...

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

[align=left]nakedshoplifter wrote:
(Got any idea how unique your experience is in this world???)
[/align]
Just hang out at Gilbert's in Springfield for a while. You'll encounter foreigners renting guns at the range who are thrilled for the experience.
I recall the last time I was in Honolulu, seeing such a firing range. It was almost impossible to get in: the place was full of Japanese tourists dropping incredible amounts of money so they could blast away for a half hour or so. They all looked like kids in a candy shop. No other way to describe their faces:D!

Moral of the story:
A taste of adult freedom can have that effect on normal human beings no matter where they are from.