• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Louisville

v8shoguy

imported post

Recently started OC with my S&W Sigma .40 and have encountered no issues. I have been to the following places that I can remember:

McDonalds
WalMart
Taco Bell
Arbys
Meijer
Bill Collins Ford (guy talked to me for 10 minutes about his OC weapons)
Autozone

Pretty much everywhere I go, I carry unless I'm on the clock or there's a sign posted. It sits in the glovebox in these cases.

Here's some CPZs that I have encountered:

Star Ford at Oxmoor- All of the dealers owned by the same people as this dealer have "No Deadly Weapons Allowed" signs. I'm going to ask them about it.

Boland Maloney Lumber - Don't know what the background on this one is. I'll find out sometime. I only spend 10 minutes max there and I'm standing right next to the truck most of it.

I also have a few questions.
I can OC in my car, right? When I first read the law, I thought I could only put it in the glovebox... Only issue I can think of is that I'm left-handed and that puts the pistol between me and the door and kind of hard to see.

When I'm in my car, my pistol can be anywhere as long as it's in plain sight? I'd feel alot better if I could have it out of my holster (my comfort) and out of the glovebox (my safety).

If I put a newspaper under my arm, am I concealing the pistol? Thought about this the other day at lunch. Newspaper under my left arm so I could carry the tray... I think I made a mistake. It wasn't even 15 seconds.

Thanks!

v8shoguy

imported post

I don't have a permit yet, as I will be moving to Ohio in May. I will be applying for one in Ohio after I move. I am hoping that my military experience will make getting a CCDW permit in Ohio a bit easier for me as the application states that proof of proper military training can substitute for the classes. Residency restrictions have me mixed up though. Might I be better off getting a KY CCDW and then trying for the Ohio? Maybe more willing to issue to a current permit holder?

gicts

imported post

v8shoguy wrote:
I don't have a permit yet, as I will be moving to Ohio in May. I will be applying for one in Ohio after I move. I am hoping that my military experience will make getting a CCDW permit in Ohio a bit easier for me as the application states that proof of proper military training can substitute for the classes. Residency restrictions have me mixed up though. Might I be better off getting a KY CCDW and then trying for the Ohio? Maybe more willing to issue to a current permit holder?
From what I understand, a CCW in one state is usually respected as an equal CCW in most other states.

reefteach

imported post

Just mail away for your FL permit using your 214 as training. No need to spend $ on training for a license with less reciprocity. Just be sure to know the laws on your own. Like through OFCC.

Some people in OH will say that is a bad idea because carries are underepresented statistically, butI say use that 214 to your benefit whenever possible. You earned that.