• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Shooter's Eye Doctor in NOVA

Hyaloid

imported post

metg wrote:
Hyaloid wrote:
Bifocal lenses are more expensive, and in the past have only been available for people with little to no astigmatism. However, there are some newer designs that are also correcting for astigmatism as well... they are too new to offer a definitive opinion on now.
Thanks so much for your response, Hyaloid. I was very fortunate that my brain adapted to mono-vision contacts so easily and I began wearing them quite a number of years ago (before becoming as passionate about shooting as I am currently). I do also have astigmatism, so based on what you said above, should I ask my eye doctor about bifocal lenses yet or should I wait until they are perfected a bit more? I am very encouraged to know they work well for shooting purposes :D.
If nothing else, monovision can often be "tweaked" for your front sight distance... I encourage my patients to bring their weapon in with them so that I can measure the distance precisely. Sometimes, this power works well for shooting only, but not for general use, so you may end up having more than one near power lens.

I would talk to your eye doctor about it. I usually try the lenses on the patient, the worst that could happen is that they don't work. :D