• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Gun Info Page

IanB

imported post

Howdy folks,

In the spirit of Bobcav's gun reference guide I am creating a page for one-stop-shopping concerning Virginia gun information and laws. It is located here:

http://vaguninfo.tripod.com/

The page is in its infancy and I am not aware of all the laws or other gun info that might be helpful to include on the page. If you know of a law or code that should be included please let me know here on this thread. Include weblinks if possible.

Same goes for links to informational pages such as VCDL, OCDO, shooting ranges, etc.

Thanks,
Naked

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Howdy folks,

In the spirit of Bobcav's gun reference guide I am creating a page for one-stop-shopping concerning Virginia gun information and laws. It is located here:

http://members.tripod.com/vaguninfo/index.htm

The page is in its infancy and I am not aware of all the laws or other gun info that might be helpful to include on the page. If you know of a law or code that should be included please let me know here on this thread. Include weblinks if possible.

Same goes for links to informational pages such as VCDL, OCDO, shooting ranges, etc.

Thanks,
Naked

Outstanding effort, Naked. I'll review, think, and suggest as I can.

We might also consider a wikipedia entry - everyone could post/modify/add as needed and link to other sources from there too. That way you wouldn't have to have all the effort of updating.

twister

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Howdy folks,

http://members.tripod.com/vaguninfo/index.htm

Thanks,
Naked

hey there, the link on your site for state parks is outdated (2001). Current policy is as follows below. Hope this helps.

4VAC5-30-200. Firearms.

No person except employees, police officers, or officers of the department shall carry or possess firearms of any description, or airguns, within the park. This regulation shall not apply in areas designated for hunting by the Department of Conservation and Recreation. This regulation also shall not apply to the carrying of concealed handguns within state parks by holders of a valid concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to §18.2-308 of the Code of Virginia.

IanB

imported post

We might also consider a wikipedia entry - everyone could post/modify/add as needed and link to other sources from there too. That way you wouldn't have to have all the effort of updating.

I thought about that but after thinking about how easy it would be for the uninformed, or ill intent (anti's) to change the page I decided against it.