• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooters' Paradise....

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Couple of updates -

I stopped by 2 weeks ago and they were loading the steel into 1 of several rollback dumpsters. That left2 large piles of 'range' debris consisting of mostly rubber and cinder block (8 - 10 foot tall and conical shaped).

I stopped by today (5/25/07) and they were hand sifting throughthe remaining 2 piles. They would scoop it up on a bobcat and locate thebucket over the dumpster and then check it a handful at a time for live rounds.

The gent that was overseeing it (I did not get his name) said that they would be another few weeks doing that and then they, or another company, would start doingany demolition that was required.

That in mind, I would say look to July for the bad sections of the remaining structure to get taken down and hauled off.

Onanother note,Shooters' is still selling guns out of the industrial park in Newington. They are trying to keep things running so opening the store when it is completed will be a minor move and not a complete transition.

Help them keep the money flowing...The new number is 703-339-9880

They are willing to order guns, and the pricescan bereally good. However, you may have to prepay to get the really good prices.

zoom6zoom

imported post

Is there a walk in storefront at that location, or is it phone only? And do you know what is being charged for transfers? ( I thought it used to be a bit on the high side) . Would like to send some business that way if possible.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Is there a walk in storefront at that location, or is it phone only? And do you know what is being charged for transfers? ( I thought it used to be a bit on the high side) . Would like to send some business that way if possible.

Not really a store front. Just a couple of rooms Coastal clear out (somewhat) for the gun store.

I never thoughtto ask about transfers. Sorry.