• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Class - Centreville, VA

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

[align=center]If you are interested in attending a one-day (4 hour), no range time course (Utah does NOT require range time) sometime between mid-March and mid-April,

[/align]

[align=center]Please contact member Mike Lamarra
[/align]

[align=center]on (703) 768 4247 or at
[/align]

[align=center]mikelamarra@yahoo.com
[/align]

[align=center]with the days and times that work best for you

[/align]

[align=center]First class is planned for April 14th.[/align]

mikelamarra

imported post

Hi,

Thanks for writing. The class is at 8am on THIS Saturday, the 14th, at the IWLA field house in Centreville.

The cost is $89. Some info about the class is pasted below:

---begin paste

http://www.bci.utah.gov/CFP/ccwapp.pdf

Students fill in the application and the instructor collects them. The application is returned to the student upon passing the test.

An application requires a set of fingerprints. Fingerprint cards can be obtained at the class. Fairfax County requires that you provide a fingerprint card and TWO forms of government-issued ID in order to take fingerprints.

Once you have passed the class you may send in your NOTARIZED

application, passport photo, and fingerprint card with a $59.00 fee.

The permit is good for 5 years and renewal is only $10.00.

You can speed things up by downloading the application, filling it out and having it notarized, getting your photos, fingerprints, and an envelope addressed to

Bureau of Criminal Identification
3888 West 5400
South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84118
801-965-4445

Bring a pen and a friend!

---end paste

Thanks,

Mike
703 768 4247 home
571 332 7490 cell

TEX1N

imported post

mikelamarra, welcome to OCDO!

I have a quick question on the Utah permit in general. Does the training expire? I am wondering if my 18-year-old sister could take the class with me and then apply for the permit in 3 years? Would it still be valid?

Also, will you be teaching this class over the summer? I can't make it this Saturday.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TEX1N wrote:
mikelamarra, welcome to OCDO!

I have a quick question on the Utah permit in general. Does the training expire? I am wondering if my 18-year-old sister could take the class with me and then apply for the permit in 3 years? Would it still be valid?

Also, will you be teaching this class over the summer? I can't make it this Saturday.

You have to have your application in within 6 months of the date the class was held.

More classes are always forming... ;-)