• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kudos to VSP!

Wiley

imported post

Kudos to VSP!

I sent for my Virginia non-resident concealedpermit on March 1. I received it in the mail April 6. Door to door time: 36 days.

Feb 9: Received application package (emailed a request a few days prior.)
Intervening: Filled out application gathered supporting docs. (Photos $10)
Feb 28: Prints/parking ($10)
Money Order ($100)
Sent application FedEx Priority ($29)
Mar 1: VSP received.
Mar 5: Received receipt for money order (post marked Mar 6) (received Mar 7 or 8)
Apr 6: Permit my mailbox.

Total time: about 60 days. Total cost: about $150.

That’s government service!

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good show & congrats, Wiley. From what I hear, that's about 4 months faster than a resident of Georgia getting one from your all's probate court :shock:. I keep an eye on Georgia Packing and read about the horror stories. Those judges seem to have you all by the you-know-whatskees, state law be damned. I'm looking to retire to Camden Co. in 3 years, so I'm keeping an eye on the issues down there. And with all due respect to some - I'm not a damn yankee, either. If I was, I'd move to Florida and be done with it :cool:.

Wiley

imported post

Thanks DoubleR. Frankly if I thought I could get through a weeks visit to Charlottesville next month without having to conceal at times, I wouldn't have bothered. I really prefer open carry.

We're working on it! In three years I hope we'll be a lot closer to VA than we are now. As I write this I'm recovering from a 6 1/2 hour drive to 'Manassass-ize' a south Georgia County Commission meeting. Successfully, I might add.:D

SBD

imported post

So here's a question--if Wiley plans on driving back and forth between GA and VA with his handgun, does it technically mean that he needs CCPs for all the states in between?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

SBD wrote:
So here's a question--if Wiley plans on driving back and forth between GA and VA with his handgun, does it technically mean that he needs CCPs for all the states in between?
Please check the Travelers' Map on this web site, and the license tool on packing.org to answer your questions.

LEO 229

imported post

My wife has a co-worker who lives here in Virginia.

He said he was going to obtain a CC non-resident permit from Florida since it is actually honored in more states then a Virginia CC Permit.

Bulldog1967

imported post

ThatLEO 229 wrote:

He said he was going to obtain a CC non-resident permit from Florida since it is actually honored in more states then a Virginia CC Permit.

That's true, the Florida non-residence one is the one to have if you travel a lot.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
ThatLEO 229 wrote:

That's true, the Florida non-residence one is the one to have if you travel a lot.
But Utah is a lot cheaper. $59 and a $10 renewal.