• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Woodbridge

beradcee

imported post

I'm starting this thread to find out where people have OD'd in the Woodbridge/Dale City area. Being new to OC and not having a CHP yet, I have only OC'd in two different spots. Safeway at Minnieville and Old Bridge and the Bloom on Prince William Parkway. I have yet to actually see anyone else but I know that you're out there.

Gloworm19

imported post

Though I live in Manassas (PWC), I do frequent the Woodbridge/DaleCity area at least a few times a week. I have not had any problems carrying in Giant, Safeway, Bloom, Navy Federal Credit Union, any of the restaurants in the area, and any of the stores I have gone to in the woodbridge/DC area. The only times people have questioned me was at Starbucks (go figure), and allthey did was ask if I was LEO. My reply to her was that I am not, I am just an armed citizen, and doing so in a manner allowed by state code. I have had no problems with LEOs so far, been OC'ing for 2-1/2 years in the area. Hope your experiences go as well as mine have.

Hope to see you around. I carry a Kimber Pro Tactical in a black Galco holster on my hip... if you see me, say hi.

beradcee

imported post

I was curious about NFCU. I know i've never seen a sign posted (actually looked yesterday) but i'm always leery about carrying in a bank. If you ever see someone carrying a Glock 23 in a Blackhawk Serpa... that's me.

darrel_h

imported post

Gloworm19 wrote:
Though I live in Manassas (PWC), I do frequent the Woodbridge/DaleCity area at least a few times a week. I have not had any problems carrying in Giant, Safeway, Bloom, Navy Federal Credit Union, any of the restaurants in the area, and any of the stores I have gone to in the woodbridge/DC area. The only times people have questioned me was at Starbucks (go figure), and allthey did was ask if I was LEO. My reply to her was that I am not, I am just an armed citizen, and doing so in a manner allowed by state code. I have had no problems with LEOs so far, been OC'ing for 2-1/2 years in the area. Hope your experiences go as well as mine have.

Hope to see you around. I carry a Kimber Pro Tactical in a black Galco holster on my hip... if you see me, say hi.

i also have always wondered about nfcu. i've been banking with them for years and used to live in virginia beach. i know the branch on kempsville road in va beach had no guns signsposted everywhere, so i wasn't sure if it was corporate policy (i wasn't really carrying back then so didn't think to ask manager or anything). i now go the branch on dale blvd just off of 95 and also have never seen a sign on the door, but have been leery to oc in there. gloworm, is this the branch you go to? if that's the case, i'm going to give it a shot.

otherwise, beradcee, i've lived in pwc for about a year now and have oc'd in many places without any problems at all. it's been a mix of resaraunts, retail and food stores. all of the places i've oc'd can be found in the other thread mentioned by possumboy.

i'm starting to think we might want to have a prince william county get together, there seems to be quite a few of us popping up on here. just a suggestion.

but anyways, welcome beradcee. maybe i'll see you around one of these days. good luck.

darrel

darrel_h

imported post

i may be in. i'm in the process of moving this week, so a lot of my time's being taken up by that, but name the time and place and i'm sure i can fit an hour or two into my schedule for a little oc.

Wooley

imported post

I need to sign some papers at the Manassas Office of Dispute Resolution. Divorce related guys...no jokes.

Anyways its not a Courthouse, but rather a building housing some county offices. Can I carry there?

Where would everyone like to go this evening? I'm off until Sunday.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

beradcee wrote:
I'm starting this thread to find out where people have OD'd in the Woodbridge/Dale City area. Being new to OC and not having a CHP yet, I have only OC'd in two different spots. Safeway at Minnieville and Old Bridge and the Bloom on Prince William Parkway. I have yet to actually see anyone else but I know that you're out there.

I'veOCd in Daks in Woodbridge many times. In Coleman PowerSports, Cowles Ford, CiCi's Pizza, Five Guys, and a few other places. I carry concealed when I have to go to Potomac Mills, and I don't go through the door that's posted <grin>.

I've never had an issue. Though I have to admit I've never been uncomfortable, even in my first OC experience which was just a couple of years ago. I think it gets easier and easier too.