• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment Poll

glock37

imported post

http://jpfo.org/voterpoll.htm

This is a poll being conducted by the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. These guys are really intent on abolishing all federal gun laws and the BATFE. There's only two questions to answer. Take a look. :)

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I didn't 'vote.' Here are the questions to which you are allowed a 'yes' or 'no' statement.

1. Would you vote for a political party that you normally would not vote for if that party made the abolition of all federal gun control laws and the BATFE a plank of their campaign?

2. If neither of the two major parties made the abolition of all federal gun control laws and the BATFE a plank of their campaign, would you vote for a third party that did?

A 'plank' is not even talk but marketeering - like 'new AND improved.' Give me a candidate and/or a party that will 'pledge their lives and fortunes and sacred honor,' that will trade defeat for this small success - then I will vote and send money.

To a candidate/party that wants to survive defeat - bupkus.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KKK MA$$

glock37

imported post

Doug, it's just a poll. These people aren't asking you to vote for someone other than republicans or democRATS. They are trying to see if you would like to vote for someone who you feel represents what you want no matter what their party. I do see where you are coming from in terms of party 'planks'. That's why I like REAL Libertarians. They don't really have a plank. They have a philosophy that they stick to in all things.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

glock37 wrote:
Doug, it's just a poll. These people aren't asking you to vote for someone other than republicans or democRATS. They are trying to see if you would like to vote for someone who you feel represents what you want no matter what their party. I do see where you are coming from in terms of party 'planks'. That's why I like REAL Libertarians. They don't really have a plank. They have a philosophy that they stick to in all things.
Hmmmpf. I might swing to libertarianism but for their drug-legalization plank. When we can spurn a druggie in the gutter, when you will let him die unmourned for his foolishness, then maybe we can be 'libertarians.' The single-payer healthcare paradigm precludes such without a bloody revolution. Liberalism is 'you pay for my favorite social program,' how is libertarianism different?

Democracy is the rule of fools by fools, democrat or GOP. A poll is the truest form of direct democracy.

I think, I evaluate, I vote but I don't "feel," especially a fool's pain when it is well damn deserved.

I am a paleoconservative since the GOP hijacked 'conservatism.'

LeagueOf1291

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
<snip>

Democracy is the rule of fools by fools, democrat or GOP. A poll is the truest form of direct democracy.

<snip>
Boy, I'd sure like to have a workable Republican form of government, but it has fallen apart:

1. Our elected representatives don't respect our constitutional rights.

2. The unelected Supreme Court and the federal courts in general don't respect our constitutional rights, and we can hardly do anything about it.

3. The executive branch is run by a bunch of unelected legislators who claim they don't make laws but "rules," e.g. the FDA, the FCC, the BATFE, and on and on.

4. The people by and large don't know their constitutional rights, and don't care because they're happy to let the government take care of them and give them stuff.

As a consequence, our republican form of government is really a tyranny. Instead of the majority of fools, as you call them, running their country themselves, they are ruled by a tiny minority of corrupt fools who care only for themselves. I don't begin with the premise that the majority of Americans are fools. I think they'd govern themselves better than the idiots in power now. I'm sure I would.

Gee, direct democracy is looking better all the time.