• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What has happened to "Packing.Org"

tarzan1888

imported post

Last week I was reading one of the threads in packing.org and went to go back and look at another thread and I could not. I closed down the window and attempted to get back into packing.org and was not able to.

I have tried several times a day to access this valuable web site and have been un-able to since. I know in the past there have been problems, but I do not remember it ever lasting so long.

Are there any members here who are also members there, as I am, who have an in or are moderators or have any knowledge about what has happened.

I know that this is not directly an open carry question, but many of us also carry concealed and I travel a lot and use their data base, as well as enjoy the forums.

I am sure that I am not the only one missing my daily fix of PDO.

Thank you

1 Timothy 5:8

markand

imported post

The PDO site has been down for several days. Not sure why. I, too, miss my daily PDO fix.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

It's rather sad how a once great site has become a inaccurate troll fest. It's gotten to the point that whenever it goes down I'm hoping it means either it's being revamped or its gone for good.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just a few days ago THR was down also and some were thinkingit was a DOS attack. When I couldn't connect to here for about 10 mins the other day, I thought...oh crap, someone's taking down the pro-gun boards!

IanB

imported post

PDO website was bought by the Brady campaign, sale finalized last week.

Analogman

imported post

Yes, he's joking. You can run a search at all who is.com and it will tell you who owns the site. PDO is registered to Mark Solomon until 04 December 2012.

VAopencarry

imported post

Why is PDO being down a surprise. It's uptime is very unreliable. Also, a few months ago Mark Solomon stated he was too busy with law school and would not being tending too the site very much. RIP PDO

tarzan1888

imported post

ITS BACK!

Something or someone hit the server last week and took down the site.

It is now back up with a new server and new hardware.

LLPDO

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I would hope that the responsible folks on this board in the several states would help PDO stay current by volunteering to update their state pages as state admins - unlike some other forums which are anti-open carry, PDO has stayed somewhat neutral on the topic, though PDO is focussed on concealed carry.

tarzan1888

imported post

I agree with Mike!

Mark Solomon, who bears the cost of the board, has gone to law school. This has greatly impacted his time. He put out a call for various state Representatives to keep those states up-dated. I guess with limited response.

It is easy to point fingers and call names, but it is a little harder to put your time where your mouth is.

I, as a new handgun owner found packing.org first, and it helped me learn about ways to protect my family.

I later found this site and learned to not be so concerned about "concealing my gun" all the time so that I now carry both open and concealed as the situation where I live dictates.

It think it behoves all of us to support those groups and organizations that promote the Second Amendment, so that we can help preserve the freedoms we all enjoy.

I don't know who first said it, but without the Second Amendment, we would eventually lose all the rest.

I am not a big hunter, but I also support their rights too.

End of Rant

Attachments

• title of liberty.jpg
    title of liberty.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 471