• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To all Virginia residents

jpwise

imported post

I frequent OpenCarry.org and packing.org but I have noticed that packing.org appears to be gone? Anyway I wanted to let all of you know that I have launched a site of my own, http://www.vacarry.org itis still in the works but the forums are up and running so those of you that frequently visited packing.org, feel free to visit vacarry.org and use the forums there. Hope to see all my fellow Virginians there.

jpwise

imported post

Thanks for the comments and advice. I've been thinking of getting rid of the ip thing, just have to dig deeper to find out how. lol Will be working on it though.

jpwise

imported post

Ok think I may have the ip thing figured out. Can someone let me know if they are still seeing the "Big Brother ip notice"?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jpwise wrote:
I frequent OpenCarry.org and packing.org but I have noticed that packing.org appears to be gone? Anyway I wanted to let all of you know that I have launched a site of my own, http://www.vacarry.org itis still in the works but the forums are up and running so those of you that frequently visited packing.org, feel free to visit vacarry.org and use the forums there. Hope to see all my fellow Virginians there.
I visited today. While I don't mind registering, I was bothered that I couldn't even read the forums without registering. Understand not allowing posting without registration, but reading?

jpwise

imported post

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into fixing that now. I agree that anyone should be able to read but posting should be limited to registered users. Thanks again.

jpwise

imported post

Click "your account" at the top of page then click on "your info" scroll down towards the bottom and you will see a password field. Type the new password twice to change it.

zoom6zoom

imported post

Appreciate the initiative and the effort, but I'm already stretching myself thin trying to follow too many forums. Lately I see the same stuff posted by the same people on multiple forums. Trying to spend more time in Real Life (TM).