Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New apparel? New OCDO Designs?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

OK folks, it's time to get out your crayons and let us know what you the members of OCDO would like to see on OCDO t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, polo shirts, hoodies, mugs, doggie sweaters, whatever!

Let's hear your ideas, see your cool eye-catching designs and who knows, maybe we'll find that graphic artist amongst us that can put it all together!

Post imported post

Bob

That's a great idea. I'd love to have more get out the word apparel options. I like the 7.62 design eye catching style personally. Unfortunately my creative skills are limited to report writing. Here is their style:

http://www.soldiercity.com/product-e.../keyword/10072

Post imported post

I want to see an ASSCLOWN teeshirt! I would buy one and think of the great VA police everytime I look at it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

deleted by cato

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Here's something I just made. It's notflashy, but nice;

Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

I sent a file full of T-shirt slogans Id come up withto Jpierce.

I guess perhaps they were too radical or off message...
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

I like that Bob.

How about: Manassas PD loves Open Carry.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

An excellent choice, Bob. Ironic, though, that the politicians are none too keen nowadays on guys like ourselves who tend to be pro constitution, and are quite clear about the true reason and meaning of the 2nd Amendment.

BTW, Jefferson is a particular favourite of mine,so, good job! May I politely suggest, however, that we have little use for OCDO hoodies? Are not these the garments of feral juveniles and petty malefactors, after all?

TrueBrit.

Post imported post

Good to See ya True Brit.

Hoodies are not the apparel of feral juveniles. They are quite popular among all young people. The line has also blurred between what is a sweatshirt with a hood and a hoodie.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    I like that Bob.

How about: Manassas PD loves Open Carry.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm thinking we should start with the use.

If we use them for anything, I thinka highpriority will be advertising.

If we want to use it to attract new members while we're in public, we'll want the lettering large across the back. Wondering what"OpenCarry.org"means may even prompt a potential recruit to then take notice of a OC'ed firearm that he might have otherwise missed.

I'm guessing ditto for gunshows, symposiums, the local shooting range, etc.

Throw in a motto across the bottom of the image. Maybe something that will catch in the mind of neutral people or people who haven't been paying attention to the 2A debate. For example, "Self-defense is a human right." Or, "Strengthening human rights." Etc.

Keep it simple. And keep iteasy to read and understandfrom a distance.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm thinking perhaps something tasteful like the one I designed...and something colorful with tattoo like graphics found at: http://www.7point62design.com

Not so much this design, but his type of graphics:

Post imported post

Goat Locker? wtf is that?

Isn't the mascot of the USNA a goat?

Post imported post

Goat locker typically referred to as where the Chiefs Mess/berthing area is on board a ship. Chief's are called old goats because they stayed in so long, and have amassed a great weath of information to pass on to younger sailors. This place is typically off limits to all except the top officers on ship (CO/XO) and severe reprocussions followed anyone not showing respect for entering without permission traditionally. Chiefs wereknown to be "tough as goats" as well because of all they have been through. Sea life is by no means a ball or easy and can be very dangerous. Though I believe the Navy is kinder and gentler than it was in my day (91-95) but even more so than it was between 30s to probably the 90s.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

bohdi, I'm a retired Senior Chief, 84-04 and the Goat Locker is still the same. Nobody comes in there unannounced under fear of the wrath of the Chief!! There are some things that haven't changed. The problem now is there are female CPO's, so that will naturally change some of the topics of conversation and the movie selections while out to sea...

Anyone have thoughts on what items they would like to see for sale or is everyone happy with the selection over here: http://www.cafepress.com/opencarry

Different styles, colors, selections?

Post imported post

um...ug...er...ah.. [former Marine trying not to make a wise ass comment]

Post imported post

For some reason I think most people would confuse OCDO with Orange County Choppers. Maybe Paulie Jr could come up with a new design.

Post imported post

I don't mind the monkey, just wish his personal defense devise was more visible.

I like Bob's design a lot!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Thank you for the restraint. That would have been baaaaaa d.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Better a goat than a *******.
    ---

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    Thank you for the restraint. That would have been baaaaaa d.
    that was AWFUL!!!!

I like the monkey too. I have the T-shirt but also think his walking companion is not visible enough.

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Good to See ya True Brit.

Hoodies are not the apparel of feral juveniles. They are quite popular among all young people. The line has also blurred between what is a sweatshirt with a hood and a hoodie.

Thank you for putting me right here, mate, just shows what an ignorant old fartI am becoming!

Post imported post

try something similar to blackwater tiger paw design.

Post imported post

How bout that ASSCLOWN Logo ??? :what:How's that coming along ??? :celebrate

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    OK folks, it's time to get out your crayons and let us know what you the members of OCDO would like to see on OCDO t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, polo shirts, hoodies, mugs, doggie sweaters, whatever!

Let's hear your ideas, see your cool eye-catching designs and who knows, maybe we'll find that graphic artist amongst us that can put it all together!
    Polos. White, ash, black, navy, tan, khaki. WITH pockets.

SIMPLE designs. Line drawings, grayscales. No offense, Bob, but those multi-color, graphic designs leave me cold. Those that Bulldog designs, too. Hope there is a market for them, but it ain't here.

Mike has an Opencarry.org polo that is perfect - so I know that one is already available. It can be worn almost anywhere; I think that's the key. I'd actually even like one that says opencarry.org with NO firearm picture - make people ASK what it means, if they want to know.

Bumper stickers - if any of you see anyone (gun show, shop, wherever) to replace my "It is your duty as an American to own a gun and know how to use it" I'll reimburse you. Mine is 6 years old, and getting very faded.

AND AVAILABLE IN "TALL" SIZES FOR THOSE OF US WHO NEED THE EXTRA LENGTH TO COVER THE GIRTH.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast