• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New apparel? New OCDO Designs?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OK folks, it's time to get out your crayons and let us know what you the members of OCDO would like to see on OCDO t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, polo shirts, hoodies, mugs, doggie sweaters, whatever!

Let's hear your ideas, see your cool eye-catching designs and who knows, maybe we'll find that graphic artist amongst us that can put it all together!

vermonter

imported post

I want to see an ASSCLOWN teeshirt! I would buy one and think of the great VA police everytime I look at it!

Attachments

• 328.jpg
    328.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 382

TrueBrit

imported post

An excellent choice, Bob. Ironic, though, that the politicians are none too keen nowadays on guys like ourselves who tend to be pro constitution, and are quite clear about the true reason and meaning of the 2nd Amendment.

BTW, Jefferson is a particular favourite of mine,so, good job! May I politely suggest, however, that we have little use for OCDO hoodies? Are not these the garments of feral juveniles and petty malefactors, after all?

TrueBrit.

VAopencarry

imported post

Good to See ya True Brit.

:D Hoodies are not the apparel of feral juveniles. They are quite popular among all young people. The line has also blurred between what is a sweatshirt with a hood and a hoodie.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm thinking we should start with the use.

If we use them for anything, I thinka highpriority will be advertising.

If we want to use it to attract new members while we're in public, we'll want the lettering large across the back. Wondering what"OpenCarry.org"means may even prompt a potential recruit to then take notice of a OC'ed firearm that he might have otherwise missed.

I'm guessing ditto for gunshows, symposiums, the local shooting range, etc.

Throw in a motto across the bottom of the image. Maybe something that will catch in the mind of neutral people or people who haven't been paying attention to the 2A debate. For example, "Self-defense is a human right." Or, "Strengthening human rights." Etc.

Keep it simple. And keep iteasy to read and understandfrom a distance.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm thinking perhaps something tasteful like the one I designed...and something colorful with tattoo like graphics found at: http://www.7point62design.com

Not so much this design, but his type of graphics:

T270large.jpg

bohdi

imported post

Goat locker typically referred to as where the Chiefs Mess/berthing area is on board a ship. Chief's are called old goats because they stayed in so long, and have amassed a great weath of information to pass on to younger sailors. This place is typically off limits to all except the top officers on ship (CO/XO) and severe reprocussions followed anyone not showing respect for entering without permission traditionally. Chiefs wereknown to be "tough as goats" as well because of all they have been through. Sea life is by no means a ball or easy and can be very dangerous. Though I believe the Navy is kinder and gentler than it was in my day (91-95) but even more so than it was between 30s to probably the 90s.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bohdi, I'm a retired Senior Chief, 84-04 and the Goat Locker is still the same. Nobody comes in there unannounced under fear of the wrath of the Chief!! There are some things that haven't changed. The problem now is there are female CPO's, so that will naturally change some of the topics of conversation and the movie selections while out to sea...

Anyone have thoughts on what items they would like to see for sale or is everyone happy with the selection over here: http://www.cafepress.com/opencarry

Different styles, colors, selections?

DT4E31

imported post

For some reason I think most people would confuse OCDO with Orange County Choppers. Maybe Paulie Jr could come up with a new design.

cato

imported post

I don't mind the monkey, just wish his personal defense devise was more visible.

I like Bob's design a lot!