• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New apparel? New OCDO Designs?

VAopencarry

imported post

Citizen wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
um...ug...er...ah.. [former Marine trying not to make a wise ass comment]:lol:
Thank you for the restraint. That would have been baaaaaa d.
:D that was AWFUL!!!!

I like the monkey too. I have the T-shirt but also think his walking companion is not visible enough.

TrueBrit

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Good to See ya True Brit.

:D Hoodies are not the apparel of feral juveniles. They are quite popular among all young people. The line has also blurred between what is a sweatshirt with a hood and a hoodie.
Thank you for putting me right here, mate, just shows what an ignorant old fartI am becoming!;)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
OK folks, it's time to get out your crayons and let us know what you the members of OCDO would like to see on OCDO t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, polo shirts, hoodies, mugs, doggie sweaters, whatever!

Let's hear your ideas, see your cool eye-catching designs and who knows, maybe we'll find that graphic artist amongst us that can put it all together!

Polos. White, ash, black, navy, tan, khaki. WITH pockets.

SIMPLE designs. Line drawings, grayscales. No offense, Bob, but those multi-color, graphic designs leave me cold. Those that Bulldog designs, too. Hope there is a market for them, but it ain't here.

Mike has an Opencarry.org polo that is perfect - so I know that one is already available. It can be worn almost anywhere; I think that's the key. I'd actually even like one that says opencarry.org with NO firearm picture - make people ASK what it means, if they want to know.

Bumper stickers - if any of you see anyone (gun show, shop, wherever) to replace my "It is your duty as an American to own a gun and know how to use it" I'll reimburse you. Mine is 6 years old, and getting very faded.

AND AVAILABLE IN "TALL" SIZES FOR THOSE OF US WHO NEED THE EXTRA LENGTH TO COVER THE GIRTH.

vrwmiller

imported post

Tess wrote:
BobCav wrote:
OK folks, it's time to get out your crayons and let us know what you the members of OCDO would like to see on OCDO t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, polo shirts, hoodies, mugs, doggie sweaters, whatever!

Let's hear your ideas, see your cool eye-catching designs and who knows, maybe we'll find that graphic artist amongst us that can put it all together!

Polos. White, ash, black, navy, tan, khaki. WITH pockets.

SIMPLE designs. Line drawings, grayscales. No offense, Bob, but those multi-color, graphic designs leave me cold. Those that Bulldog designs, too. Hope there is a market for them, but it ain't here.

Mike has an Opencarry.org polo that is perfect - so I know that one is already available. It can be worn almost anywhere; I think that's the key. I'd actually even like one that says opencarry.org with NO firearm picture - make people ASK what it means, if they want to know.

Bumper stickers - if any of you see anyone (gun show, shop, wherever) to replace my "It is your duty as an American to own a gun and know how to use it" I'll reimburse you. Mine is 6 years old, and getting very faded.

AND AVAILABLE IN "TALL" SIZES FOR THOSE OF US WHO NEED THE EXTRA LENGTH TO COVER THE GIRTH.
I agree on all the bolded points above. Especially the larger sizes. I am a rather robust and portly person. I typically where polos that are XXL or XXXL. I have much girth.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Tess wrote:
There are several designs already available for purchase at our store which is at

http://www.cafepress.com/opencarry

Some of the polo designs are:

Attachments

• Polo1.jpg
    Polo1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 209

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

John, what's kept me from those, particularly the 3rd, which I really like, is.......

NEED A POCKET.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Tess wrote:
John, what's kept me from those, particularly the 3rd, which I really like, is.......

NEED A POCKET.
Ah ... Gotcha! I'll see what I can do :cool:

vrwmiller

imported post

jpierce wrote:
Tess wrote:
There are several designs already available for purchase at our store which is at

http://www.cafepress.com/opencarry

Need other colors too. I stay away from white as much as I can and go for darker colors. The slightest stain has a disastrous effect on white fabrics.

I prefer no pocket though :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Re: Varying Requests

Why not get embroidered patches. Then we can sew 'em on whatever jackets and shirts we want--with or without pockets. We supply the garment, you sell us the patch.

I like the minimal logo in the third picture.

just_a_car

imported post

Front: (Bold-faced on left breast) "OpenCarry.org"

Back:
3520778_l.jpg

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

We need something simple, that communicates clearly who/what we are. OR something that will stimulate conversation.

I personally would purchase several polos if they were as follows:

Like the 3rd pic jpierce posted on page 2 with the opencarry.org in type and with a small pic of a handgun above it... prefereably one of the more popular guns (*ahem* Glock)... and with the Jefferson pic and quote like Bobcav posted on page one of this thread for the back of the polo.... just use a font that is much clearer and easier to read. Ah, yes, but in a polo shirt format!

thanks for your work guys, lemme know what the finished products are!

edit to add: on second thought the pic on the back might be better suited for a t-shirt, with or without the front logo

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What we need is something for cold weather wear. We need a cover garment with a holstered pistol depicted at the belt line on the side, so when you tuck it in you still look like you are OC.

All kidding aside though I like Bob's "Jefferson" Shirt. I would submit that when on your walks you could not be in better company than to have a fine firearm, and thoughts of Jefferson.

Regards