Thread: Open Carry In Ohio

Post imported post

I guess my question would be is it legal to open carry in ohio without a concealed carry permit my theroy is if the bad guys can see my weapon they wont pull theirs and if it is legal to just open carry do you have to get a permit everthing i read on the topic was directly from housebill 347 and as far as i got it was not clearly defined or stated however i have caried but not goin to anymore without knowing thanks in advance for the input

State Researcher

Post imported post

Two words:

capitalization

punctuation

Super Moderator

Post imported post

ICE-MAN wrote:
    I guess my question would be is it legal to open carry in ohio without a concealed carry permit my theroy is if the bad guys can see my weapon they wont pull theirs and if it is legal to just open carry do you have to get a permit everthing i read on the topic was directly from housebill 347 and as far as i got it was not clearly defined or stated however i have caried but not goin to anymore without knowing thanks in advance for the input
    Yes - except in your vehicle where you still need a concealed handgun permit even to open carry. The Ohio page on OCDO is pending update to reflect new 100% preemption statute in OH.

Post imported post

Sorry BB62 didn't know you were a school teacher.I thought this was a forum where intelligent adults could discuss questions without being criticized,Sorry if you are offended by the style of typing i do and when it matters i do use punctuation and Capitalization.And i'd like to thank you for bringing to my attention that even in a format like this there are school teachers who will critique your writing style and the verbage that 1 uses have a great day and thanks again

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm always glad to help.

Post imported post

ICE-MAN wrote:
    Sorry BB62 didn't know you were a school teacher.I thought this was a forum where intelligent adults could discuss questions without being criticized,Sorry if you are offended by the style of typing i do and when it matters i do use punctuation and Capitalization.And i'd like to thank you for bringing to my attention that even in a format like this there are school teachers who will critique your writing style and the verbage that 1 uses have a great day and thanks again
    I know exactly where BB62 is coming from. When you don't use proper punctuation and grammar, it makes your writing difficult to follow and even more difficult to read. Without being condescending, just try to proofread everything youwrite before you post it.

Now, just to stay on topic, in Ohio it is legal to open carry without a permit if you are outside a vehicle. The only people who are allowed to carry, whether openly or concealed, within their vehicles,are permit holders.