Thread: Chik-Fil-A Gun Friendly?

Post imported post

I am planning a lunch tomorrow with a friend and we're looking at going to Chick-Fil-A. I cannot find anything indicating that they prohibit firearms and was wondering if anyone knew whether or not they were gun unfriendly.

More specifically, I am looking to visit the Chik-Fil-A in Sterling off of Nokes Blvd.

Post imported post

they are not Sunday friendly. :P

Post imported post

I have never had an issue at Chik-Fil-A -- They appear to hire employees who aren't "terminally stupid"

vrwmiller wrote:
    I am planning a lunch tomorrow with a friend and we're looking at going to Chick-Fil-A. I cannot find anything indicating that they prohibit firearms and was wondering if anyone knew whether or not they were gun unfriendly.

More specifically, I am looking to visit the Chik-Fil-A in Sterling off of Nokes Blvd.

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    For any restaurant, when you walk up to the door and it is NOT marked "No guns allowed" go inside and have a good meal.

For any restaurant when you walk up to the door and it IS marked "No Guns Allowed", you have two options:

Option 1. Enter and if confronted say you didn't see the sign and leave if requested, if not confronted - have a nice meal. or....

Option 2. Just turn around and don't go in and give them your business (dollars).

But please always remember RULE #1 - Don't call and ask ahead of time.

Just show up and play it by ear - it is not illegal to walk into a restaurant while Open Carrying in Virginia - unless you're a convicted felon.

Post imported post

Chick-Fil-A is Sunday friendly. It was founded by a committed Christian and he chose to have his restaurant closed on Sunday so his employees could go to church. Just a quick history lesson.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

shdwrdr wrote:
    Chick-Fil-A is Sunday friendly. It was founded by a committed Christian and he chose to have his restaurant closed on Sunday so his employees could go to church. Just a quick history lesson.

Do to this fact alone, I would bet Bubba Ron's life savings that they are indeed gun friendly. But like Ron said, never ask, just do.

Post imported post

Never a porblem in Lynchburg. Usually atleast two leos in there and never a word.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

shdwrdr wrote:
    Doesn't he hire Seventh-Day Adventists? Or OrthodoxJews? Or Muslims? I wonder how "friendly" an employer can be if he decides which day his employees can worship.

Of course, he's free to run his business any way he pleases. I shop on Sundays.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
    Do to this fact alone, I would bet Bubba Ron's life savings....
    Go easy Brian, there ain't much there :shock:and you know who would do grave bodily harm to both me amd YOUif those meger savings were squandered...

Post imported post

Never been to a Chik-Fil-A. They are NOT possumboy friendly. If I eat there, I die.

Food allegries and all. I have friends that get food there after shooting and never had a problem. This is the one in Woodbridge on Prince William Parkway across from Target.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

A G00GLE site search of www.chick-fil-a for 'gun' or 'firearm' got no hits.

"gun site:www.chick-fil-a.com" and "firearm site:www.chick-fil-a" got no hits.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    shdwrdr wrote:
    Doesn't he hire Seventh-Day Adventists? Or OrthodoxJews? Or Muslims? I wonder how "friendly" an employer can be if he decides which day his employees can worship.

Of course, he's free to run his business any way he pleases. I shop on Sundays.
    The founder is now deceased, but the restaurants are individually owned. They are run by corporate policy, and cannot discriminate based on religion, just like any other employer. Just because he chose to have his restaurants closed on Sundays doesn't mean he was telling his employees when to worship, or how to worship. I didn't intend to start a Holy War. Sorry I mentioned Christianity at all.

Post imported post

What Chick-fil-a you going to. I go there often.

Employees would probably not say anything. Owners like cops so they would probably not worry about you.

Post imported post

Iknow the owner of the charlottesville Chick-Fil-A... one of his sons is a paratrooper and the other is somehow involved in the marines. I've been shooting with all of them in the past, and used to play paintball with them on sunday afternoons in the field behind their church. I've never had any problem Ocing into their restaurant, always overly friendly and willing to provide me with a good meal.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    What Chick-fil-a you going to. I go there often.
    I'll be going to the one in Sterling off of Nokes Blvd

Post imported post

We don't go to chick-fil-a any more. Daughter has peanut allergy (deadly) and they use peanut oil to fry in. Possumboy, I'm assuming this is your issue as well? Darn shame....I LOVE thier chicken.

Post imported post

dang, you guys are making me hungry with this thread.

i have to drive a few hours to get to the nearest c f a.

Post imported post

OC'd in the Chick-Fil-A today at lunch time. The place was packed. No issues. Had pleasant conversation with other pro-gun people. It also happened to be my buddies first time OC'ing.

Post imported post

OBXMIKE wrote:
    We don't go to chick-fil-a any more. Daughter has peanut allergy (deadly) and they use peanut oil to fry in. Possumboy, I'm assuming this is your issue as well? Darn shame....I LOVE thier chicken.
    That is my issue, it includes peanuts and tree nuts. Contact me offline if you want to talk about it. I've lived with this a long time and if your daughter is young, would be happy to answer questions. Also, she may grow out of it. My uncle did.

Post imported post

I've OC'd at3 different Chik-fil-a locations in TN (one inside a mall, not sure if that counts)... But have done so nearly a dozen times in the last couple years with nary an issue.

They aren't open on Sundays though...

They don't seem to have a business policy of prohibiting armed patrons, and I've never seen one posted. I don't know if that's different in VA.

Desertdoc

Post imported post

shdwrdr wrote:
    Thanks for the history lesson...now from their web site.

"

Closed Sundays. It's part of theChick-fil-A®recipe.
    Admittedly, closing all of our restaurants every Sunday makes us a rarity in this day and age. But it's a little habit that has always served us well, so we're planning to stick with it.

Our founder, Truett Cathy, wanted to ensure that every Chick-fil-A employee and restaurant operator had an opportunity to worship, spend time with family and friends or just plain rest from the work week. Made sense then, still makes sense now.

by the way..thanks for who ever started this thread... i HAD to make a trip out of my way to Chick-fil-A while open carrying today

Post imported post

Doc, I think Chik-Fil-A has a no-snuff policy, and don't allow their cups to be used for anything except their drinks.

Desertdoc

Post imported post

Are you trying to say they dont like us good ol boys?