• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted Nugent On NRA Annual Meetings In St. Louis

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I like Nugent, whosays all the right things. He gets a little intense, though.

At least he didn't call Sarah Brady a nappy headed ho. Probably didn't think of it.

Ted Nugent: Nothing more American than our NRA family party

By Ted Nugent, Texas Wildman

Sunday, April 15, 2007

The National Rifle Association is simply the largest American family grassroots organization in America.

It's built around a self-evident truth, and about a God-given right: the right to keep and bear arms.

The truth is that self-defense is an imperative and a responsibility for good, thoughtful people everywhere.

America's founders, having fled the horrors of tyrants' enslavement, wrote down a list of these conscientious, overtly obvious, self-evident truths for a new nation.

What resulted was a guideline for life in this new land of the free and home of the brave, just in case anyone would be so foolish or evil as to forget.

We members of the NRA believe in the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. With all due respect, we don't need anybody to translate them for us, thank you.

So we gather once again this weekend in beautiful St. Louis, Mo., for the 136th time.

We are moms, dads, sons and daughters, grandparents and neighbors, of every imaginable walk of life. We celebrate with heart and soul that we the people have the individual right to keep and bear arms for every imaginable good, lawful use.

The Nugent family tries to coordinate family time each year to join in. We share our wonderfully thrilling, gun-loving lifestyle with others. It is a way of life. A barometer by which true freedom can be gauged.

We enjoy the hundreds of gun-related exhibits — hunting gear and arms for competition, law enforcement, military, collecting or any of the varied joys of owning these profoundly intriguing, life-saving tools.

We are proud of this 4 million-member organization. It is assembled around a principle that clearly distinguishes America from every other nation or society.

We NRA members love our freedom and our gunsand are dedicated to keep those at bay who would disarm us and force us into helplessness. Sarah Brady, eat your heart out.

Not only am I a proud life member, I am also honored to represent our 4 million members who have voted me onto the NRA Board of Directors for five glorious terms.

I am committed to standing absolute in our fight to expose the gun banners for the soulless, spineless anti-Americans they are.

Clearly to force good Americans into unarmed helplessness is to be complicit with the criminals who would more easily prey upon us.

To be so ignorant of the overwhelming global statistics and evidence that gun bans actually help the bad guys is inexcusable. Beyond being stupid, it is very dangerous.

The NRA will not let that happen, thank God.

We invite our fellow Americans, who believe in the good guys winning, and good over bad in general, to join us.

Come to our annual gathering and you will see good-looking, friendly, caring, productive, law-abiding families.

Well represented among us are heroes of law enforcement and the U.S. military who cherish the right to keep and bear arms.

We happen to know of many, many such heroes who have made the ultimate sacrifice for American rights and freedoms.

To hang out with them when NRA members convene truly is an honor and a privilege. We welcome you all.

Ted Nugent is a Waco-based musician and television show host.

http://www.wacotrib.com/opin/content/news/opinion/stories/nugent/04152007_wac_nugent.html