• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

have you seen this advertised?

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was flipping channels this afternoon and came across an infomercial on msnbc, they were selling a flash light oc spray for self defense as the best personal protection.
Of course they were hawking it as better than a gun for self protection, I had to laugh at some of the statements. I believe it was called the stunlight.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I guess OC is better than nothing. If the flashlight is heavy, it can make a good conker as well. I'll stick with a pistol....

[Reminds me of when I was in college. We used to strain Tabasco sauce thru paper towels and load it into water pistols. Hurt like hell.]

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/2007-04-09-flashlight-usat_N.htm

The Los Angeles Police Department, often a testing ground for new law-enforcement products, just began distributing to its officers new flashlights made by Torrance, Calif.-based Pelican Products. The flashlight, called the Pelican 7060 LED, is the product of two years of research for a flashlight that's brighter than the metal ones often carried by cops and too small to double as a billy club.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The light looks to be about a foot long and an inch or inch and a quarter in diameter ,it shoots the spray from the centr of 3 leds it alos has a laser pionter.
I also would choose my 1911 over a fancy flashlight.