• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alan Gura speaks!

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

these days there is little common sense in many court rulings. the attempt to redefine terms to allow for the increase of government power at the expense of the individual will continue unless all of us make it clear it is not acceptable.

sadly, a large percentage of our fellow citizens are quite happy with the "deal with the devil" they have struck that seems to allow them increased security while only giving up a little personal liberty. one would think that the clear result that our security has actually been lowered at the expense of a lot of our once cherished liberties would bring these guys around, but not so far.

possumboy

imported post

All I could think of:

"...truth be told;
If you are lookingfor the guilty,
you need only to look into the mirror.
I know why you did it;
I know you were afraid..."