• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Smith & Wesson Clinton Agreement

vrwmiller

imported post

I was looking at the IDPA web site as I was considering a membership. I noticed that one of their sponsors is S&W. I am no fan of S&W due to their agreement with the Clinton administration and began rethinking signing up for the IDPA.

I searched and found nothing indicating that S&W had rescinded their agreement with the Clinton administration. Wondering if the agreement is still in effect or if it died with the change in the administrations.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

It makes no sense to boycott S&W (or IDPA). S&W is soon to be the largest gun seller in the U.S. It is a BIG supporter of 2A and always has been. It's financial success is based on selling as many guns as possible to the citizens of the U.S. and elsewhere.

AFAIK, none of the provisions of the 2000 agreement were ever actually implemented under the terms of same. The boycotters are dealing with old news--the agreement is moribund and has been for about 7 years. VCDL would do well to re-evaluate the boycott.

sitedzn

imported post

oh i still have my m&p, and shot my first idpa match on saturday too. it's not holding me back:)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

HankT wrote:
It makes no sense to boycott S&W (or IDPA). S&W is soon to be the largest gun seller in the U.S. It is a BIG supporter of 2A and always has been. It's financial success is based on selling as many guns as possible to the citizens of the U.S. and elsewhere.

AFAIK, none of the provisions of the 2000 agreement were ever actually implemented under the terms of same. The boycotters are dealing with old news--the agreement is moribund and has been for about 7 years. VCDL would do well to re-evaluate the boycott.

Well...Kevin Costner is an anti-gun advocate...can I say Wyatt Earp or Open Range.

Sylvester "Sly" Stallone is an anti-gun advocate.

EVERYBODY ELSEarewatching THEIRmovies AND because of that we SHOULD NOT BOYCOTT these Actors.

Common on...double standard...I WANNA MAKE VIOLENT GUN SHOWS AND MAKE MONEY ON SHOOTING AND BEING VENGEANT AT PEOPLE IN SHOWS BUT I WANT THE 2ND AMENDMENT TO BE NULL AND VOID.

S&W common ON...I will never by one. I was gonna by a revolver for my wife and now of course NOT a S&W.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
HankT wrote:

Well...Kevin Costner is an anti-gun advocate...can I say Wyatt Earp or Open Range.

EVERYBODY ELSEarewatching THEIRmovies AND because of that we SHOULD NOT BOYCOTT these Actors.

Common on...double standard...I WANNA MAKE VIOLENT GUN SHOWS AND MAKE MONEY ON SHOOTING AND BEING VENGEANT AT PEOPLE IN SHOWS BUT I WANT THE 2ND AMENDMENT TO BE NULL AND VOID.
I don't see the double standard. Those are movies. S&W makes lots of guns and has made lots of guns since 1852.

Apples and oranges. Or, in this case, hams and manufacturers.

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
S&W common ON...I will never by one. I was gonna by a revolver for my wife and now of course NOT a S&W.

Smith makes some nice revolvers. Your wife would do well to have a nice, high-quality S&W J-frame. If the gun is for her protection, maybe let her decide which one it is.

The S&W "boycott" is almost entirely symbolic. It doesn't mean very much at all anymore. Time to let go of it before it gets real embarassing.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

HankT wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
HankT wrote:

I don't see the double standard. Those are movies. S&W makes lots of guns and has made lots of guns since 1852.

Apples and oranges. Or, in this case, hams and manufacturers.

UTOC-45-44 wrote:

Smith makes some nice revolvers. Your wife would do well to have a nice, high-quality S&W J-frame. If the gun is for her protection, maybe let her decide which one it is.

The S&W "boycott" is almost entirely symbolic. It doesn't mean very much at all anymore. Time to let go of it before it gets real embarassing.
I love the 1 st Amentmend Right.:D