Thread: VT Shootings

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Its 6:30 pm EST and I'm just coming from work. If this idea has already been posted, let me know and I'll ask the moderators to delete the topic.

Here's our chance folks. We can either play damage control, or we can use our outrage up front. We need to get out in front.

I'm thinking tomorrow morning.

Everybody write your local papers. Its a sure bet they'll carrythe story. Express outrage over VT's gun-ban andthirty dead.Expose the hypocrisy. Don't waitto play defense against the gun-banners' calls for morerestrictions.

YELL. Short and hard-hitting. Then find anothermedia outlet to yell at.

Those who can carry a conversation, call yourlocal radio talk shows. Express outrage!

The media and public seem to respond to people who are outraged. Lets make it us this time.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Already sent letters (electronically) to half a dozen newspapers. I will get the politicians later.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Its 6:30 pm EST and I'm just coming from work. If this idea has already been posted, let me know and I'll ask the moderators to delete the topic.

Here's our chance folks. We can either play damage control, or we can use our outrage up front. We need to get out in front.

I'm thinking tomorrow morning.

Everybody write your local papers. Its a sure bet they'll carrythe story. Express outrage over VT's gun-ban andthirty dead.Expose the hypocrisy. Don't waitto play defense against the gun-banners' calls for morerestrictions.

YELL. Short and hard-hitting. Then find anothermedia outlet to yell at.

Those who can carry a conversation, call yourlocal radio talk shows. Express outrage!

The media and public seem to respond to people who are outraged. Lets make it us this time.
    It upsets me that this needs to be "used" in a manner such as this. But the truth is that the "anti" crowd will be all over it.

I am just beyond sad about the entire thing. I should wait a few days to write something more understandable.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

What'dya want to bet I get form letters in about six weeks from most of the legislators?

Except Webb. He hasn't replied to a single message I've sent yet.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

You are right that we must get our message out but we must becareful to not be seen as trying to ride this incident to promote our agenda. We often accuse the antis of dancing in the blood of the victims, I'd hate to have that happen to us.

Post imported post

Tell the good citizens of VA that you don't need the M-16 totingrobocops responding. One legally armed citizen on the inside will handle it!

Post imported post

Longwatch wrote: You are right that we must get our message out but we must becareful to not be seen as trying to ride this incident to promote our agenda. We often accuse the antis of dancing in the blood of the victims, I'd hate to have that happen to us.

I agree... be very cautious. Tone is important here, as are formalities. Any comment must be preceeded with prayers for the victims. When people are this emotional, how you say something is much more important than what you say. There will be a major backlash against the first side seenas exploiting this tragedy to further any position at all regarding handguns in the US.