• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VT Shootings

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Its 6:30 pm EST and I'm just coming from work. If this idea has already been posted, let me know and I'll ask the moderators to delete the topic.

Here's our chance folks. We can either play damage control, or we can use our outrage up front. We need to get out in front.

I'm thinking tomorrow morning.

Everybody write your local papers. Its a sure bet they'll carrythe story. Express outrage over VT's gun-ban andthirty dead.Expose the hypocrisy. Don't waitto play defense against the gun-banners' calls for morerestrictions.

YELL. Short and hard-hitting. Then find anothermedia outlet to yell at.

Those who can carry a conversation, call yourlocal radio talk shows. Express outrage!

The media and public seem to respond to people who are outraged. Lets make it us this time.

hsmith

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Its 6:30 pm EST and I'm just coming from work. If this idea has already been posted, let me know and I'll ask the moderators to delete the topic.

Here's our chance folks. We can either play damage control, or we can use our outrage up front. We need to get out in front.

I'm thinking tomorrow morning.

Everybody write your local papers. Its a sure bet they'll carrythe story. Express outrage over VT's gun-ban andthirty dead.Expose the hypocrisy. Don't waitto play defense against the gun-banners' calls for morerestrictions.

YELL. Short and hard-hitting. Then find anothermedia outlet to yell at.

Those who can carry a conversation, call yourlocal radio talk shows. Express outrage!

The media and public seem to respond to people who are outraged. Lets make it us this time.
It upsets me that this needs to be "used" in a manner such as this. But the truth is that the "anti" crowd will be all over it.

I am just beyond sad about the entire thing. I should wait a few days to write something more understandable.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What'dya want to bet I get form letters in about six weeks from most of the legislators?

Except Webb. He hasn't replied to a single message I've sent yet.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

You are right that we must get our message out but we must becareful to not be seen as trying to ride this incident to promote our agenda. We often accuse the antis of dancing in the blood of the victims, I'd hate to have that happen to us.

vermonter

imported post

Tell the good citizens of VA that you don't need the M-16 totingrobocops responding. One legally armed citizen on the inside will handle it!

Wooley

imported post

Vermonter, anytime you want to come down here andhelp clean up the riff-raff I have a spare room you can stay in...just don't bring the VA fuzz to my door behind you! I've heard they like to hassle you...:)

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Longwatch wrote: You are right that we must get our message out but we must becareful to not be seen as trying to ride this incident to promote our agenda. We often accuse the antis of dancing in the blood of the victims, I'd hate to have that happen to us.

I agree... be very cautious. Tone is important here, as are formalities. Any comment must be preceeded with prayers for the victims. When people are this emotional, how you say something is much more important than what you say. There will be a major backlash against the first side seenas exploiting this tragedy to further any position at all regarding handguns in the US.