• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

petition AGAINST $10 gun regisrtation

ne1

imported post

Second Amendment Update

Received this message recently:

Dear Second Amendment Supporter:

A number of state residents have contacted me about House Bill 760, legislation that would require lawful gun owners to spend $10 per fire arm annually to register their guns. A citizen's right to bear arms is protected by the Constitution. Restrictions of any kind would hinder that right and therefore as the House Majority Leader, I oppose restrictions, fees, limits or registration.

I am proud to be the recipient of the National Rifle Association's Defender of Freedom Award for 2006, and also have an A+ rating from the NRA. That rating was earned and maintained through steady support of and advocacy for issues important to lawful gun owners in Pennsylvania.

In general, gun owners enjoy support from both sides of the political aisle in Pennsylvania, but it is important that you know most House Democrats are- and have been- in your corner. Further, the majority House Democratic Leadership teamhas a strong history of voting positively for the Second Amendment rights of lawful gun owners. Advocates of extreme gun control measures like H.B. 760 are neither predominantly Democrat nor Republican; rather they are predominantly wrong in their approach to stemming violence.

As the House Majority Leader, you have my word that H.B. 760 will not pass the full House of Representatives.

Sincerely

/s/ Bill DeWeese