• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VT Shooting Poll Needs Our Attention!!!

cs9c1

imported post

91 to 9 is good, but I sure have a bad feeling about what we are going to face because of that one sick student.

I feel so bad for the families and friends of the victim's, but can't help looking forward tohow this one actions threatens ourrights.

LEO 229

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
91 to 9 is good, but I sure have a bad feeling about what we are going to face because of that one sick student.

I feel so bad for the families and friends of the victim's, but can't help looking forward tohow this one actions threatens ourrights.
It only takes one bad apple to spoil things for the rest of the people.

After hearing the news.. and the questions... I started to hear a theme... ammo... 50 rounds... Hi Capacity mags.. Bought the gun legally.... Guns should not be sold in stores.

The fact that so many people died at the hands of one person deciding to use two handguns.. vs a rifle or shotgun.... will paint a picture that "handguns are bad!"

Think backwhen Hi capacity mags were not permitted to be sold to citizens. They stamped the new mags "Restricted Use." Like you could not go out and just buy twenty of the 10 round mags and still cause mass death.

Now you have one person who has done something so shocking that the people will demand something be done to make them "feel better." It is not going to change a thing.

cs9c1

imported post

Don't even get me started on "feel good" laws.

I dare anyone out there to actually look at their State Codes. It is outrageous what you will find. The VA code is about to drive me crazy. I can't believe they actually pay people to come up with some of this crap, let alone the fact,we voted them into office.

cato

imported post

Would Tougher Gun Laws Help Prevent Future Tragedies?

Yes
pixel_poll.gif
8%

No
pixel_poll.gif
92%

Anubis

imported post

72Malibu wrote:
Funny thing, I'll bet that if the poll ends and the "No's" take it, that it will quietly fade away and nothing more will be said about it.
The results of this and other gun-related polls are overwhelmingly pro-gun. Surely the media will realize the country is pro-gun and will reverse their polarity! :)