• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little history on gun control

Jersey Ron

imported post

1968: The Gun Control Act of 1968 comes fromRep. Emanuel Celler's House bill H.R. 17735. It expands legislation already attempted bySen. Thomas Dodd.

1988: Senate bill S. 1523 is sponsored by Senator Howard Metzenbaum. It proposes legislation turning every violation of the Gun Control Act of 1968 into a RICO predicate offense, allowing a gun owner to be charged with federal racketeering offenses.

1988: Senator Metzenbaum co-sponsors a bill -- S. 2180 -- to ban, or limit/restrict, so-called "plastic guns."

1990:Senator Herbert Kohl introduces bill S.2070, the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990, which bans gun possession in a school zone. The law will later be struck down in court as unconstitutional.

1993: Senate bill S.653 is sponsored by Sen. Howard Metzenbaum. It bans specific semiautomatic rifles, but also gives the Secretary of the Treasury the power to add any semiautomatic firearm to the list at a later date.

February, 1994: The Brady Law, which requires waiting periods to buy handguns, becomes effective. Senator Metzenbaum wrote the Brady Bill. Metzenbaum sponsored the bill in the Senate. The sponsor of the bill in the House was Rep. Charles Schumer [2].

1994: Senator Metzenbaum introduces S.1878, the Gun Violence Prevention Act of 1994, aka "Brady II." Rep. Schumer sponsored "Brady II" sister legislation [H.R. 1321] in the U.S. House of Representatives.

September, 1994: The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 goes into effect, including a provision that bans the manufacture and possession of semiautomatic rifles described as "assault weapons." [Note: true assault weapons are fully automatic, not semiautomatic]. That gun-ban provision was authored in the Senate bySenator Dianne Feinstein and authored in the House by Congressman Schumer.

1995:Senators Kohl, Specter, Feinstein, Lautenberg and others introduce the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1995, an amended version of the 1990 school-zone law which was struck down in court as being unconstitutional.

September, 1996: The Lautenberg Domestic Confiscation provision becomes law. It is part of a larger omnibus appropriations bill. It was sponsored bySenator Frank Lautenberg. It bans people convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence from ever owning a gun.

1997: Senate bill S. 54, the Federal Gang Violence Act of 1997, proposes much harsher sentences for people violating minor gun laws, including mandatory prison sentences and forfeiture of property. It was introduced by Dianne Feinstein and a Jewish Senator [Hatch], among others. It returns the idea of turning every violation of the Gun Control Act of 1968 into a RICO predicate offense.

January, 1999:Senator Barbara Boxer introduces bill S.193, the American Handgun Standards Act of 1999.

January, 1999: Senator Kohl introduces bill S.149, the Child Safety Lock Act of 1999. It would to require a child safety lock in connection with transfer of a handgun.

February, 1999: Senator Frank Lautenberg introduces bill S.407, the Stop Gun Trafficking Act of 1999.

February, 1999: Senator Lautenberg introduces S.443, the Gun Show Accountability Act of 1999.

March, 1999: Senator Lautenberg introduces bill S.560, the Gun Industry Accountability Act of 1999.

March, 1999: Senator Feinstein introduces bill S.594, the Large Capacity Ammunition Magazine Import Ban Act of 1999.

May, 2000: Senate bill S. 2515, Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2000, is submitted by Senators Feinstein, Senator Barbara Boxer, Sen. Lautenberg and Sen. Schumer. It is a plan for a national firearms licensing system.

January, 2001: Senate bill S.25, Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2001, is sponsored by Feinstein, Schumer, and Boxer. It is a nation-wide gun registration plan [apparently there were two versions of that Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act bill].

May, 2003: Senators Feinstein, Schumer, Boxer and others introduce legislation that would reauthorize the 1994 federal assault weapons ban, and, close a loophole in the law that allows large-capacity ammunition magazines to be imported into the U.S. The ban is scheduled to expire in September, 2004.

October, 2003: Senators Feinstein, Lautenberg, Levin and Schumer co-sponsor bill S.1774, designed to stop the sunset [ending] of the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988.

March, 2005: Senator Lautenberg introduces bill S.645, "to reinstate the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act," in other words, to reinstate the 1994 assault-rifle ban [also known as the "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994"] which expired in late 2004.

March, 2005: Senator Feinstein introduces bill S.620, "to reinstate the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act," in other words, to reinstate the 1994 assault-rifle ban [also known as the "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994"] which expired in late 2004.

Jersey

ProguninTN

imported post

With the exception of Sen. Howard Metzenbaum (D-OH), the rest are still in office.

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Sen. Herb Kohl (D-WI)
Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NY)
Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA)

Also, notice any patterns ?

ProguninTN

Jersey Ron

imported post

YES! I most certainly SEE the pattern my friend!!! This is what I've been trying to "say" for a long, long, long time!

Jersey

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gee, if I din't know better, I'd think the Dem party has a lot of anti-freedom people in their leadership.

Naaah, must be a coincidence!

Jersey Ron

imported post

There is ANOTHER pattern that I'll leave alone. But anyway here is another one!

D-Rahm Emanuel

Wow! I get to spend $50k to be a sponsor!! I can't wait!........NOT!!

f.aces7.jpg

Jersey Ron

imported post

[align=center]Gun Laws, Confiscation, And Profiling[/align]
[align=left]The natural reaction to all of this is an intense registration move. If you think I'm nuts, just LOOK at what Pennsylvania is trying to pass RIGHT NOW!Laws will be passed makingpsychiatric profiles mandatory for a gun license. Whatxxxxxxx want is to know is, exactly who owns what, and who will be a problem to their One World Government. (Ex:European Union - One currency is just the beginning. The Euro is the currency used for MANY European nations. )[/align]
[align=left]If they can't take away your guns, at least they will know who you are, what guns you have, your ammunition, and your mental state.[/align]
[align=left]Please people, just think about it! And if you get the chance, PLEASE, PLEASE STUDY the massacres in Australia, Great Britain & Canada. It's the same people; OVER & OVER & OVER again! I swear!! You can't make this stuff up!![/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Jersey[/align]​

LEO 229

imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:
Please people, just think about it! And if you get the chance, PLEASE, PLEASE STUDY the massacres in Australia, Great Britain & Canada. It's the same people; OVER & OVER & OVER again! I swear!! You can't make this stuff up!!

I read a newspaper article about Australia a while ago.

The government decided the way to combat violent crime was to confiscate and destroy all the guns.

When they took away all the guns from the citizens.. Home invasions and armed robberies actually increased two fold!!!

Only the bad guys had guns nowand they knew the law abiding people did not. Kinda like Washington DC, huh??

Jersey Ron

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Jersey Ron wrote:
Please people, just think about it! And if you get the chance, PLEASE, PLEASE STUDY the massacres in Australia, Great Britain & Canada. It's the same people; OVER & OVER & OVER again! I swear!! You can't make this stuff up!!

I read a newspaper article about Australia a while ago.

The government decided the way to combat violent crime was to confiscate and destroy all the guns.

When they took away all the guns from the citizens.. Home invasions and armed robberies actually increased two fold!!!

Only the bad guys had guns nowand they knew the law abiding people did not. Kinda like Washington DC, huh??

Exactly LEO!! Exactly!! But why don't we see this on ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc?? Why ask why, when you know why??!!??

JErsey

cs9c1

imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:
Exactly LEO!! Exactly!! But why don't we see this on ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc?? Why ask why, when you know why??!!??

JErsey
Some on FOX are on our side, just not as many as there should be. The other networks are a total loss in my opinion.

Jersey Ron

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
Jersey Ron wrote:

JErsey
Some on FOX are on our side, just not as many as there should be. The other networks are a total loss in my opinion.

I'm curios! Who on FOX is on our side? Rupert Murdoch, the OWNER of FOX is notorious for "creating" the news instead of reporting the news. This comes STRAIGHT from the mouths of journalists who USED to work for FOX. Not trying to be argumentative, but rather sincerely curious. These journalists said if they didn't conform they wouldn't be employed.I swear, I'm not making this up!!! Personally, I really believe there is a "war" todistract the "minds" of the American people THAT STARTS WITH THE MEDIA!! We were once a nation of creators, manufacturers, leaders, pioneers, scientists, etc. We have now become the BIGGEST indebted nation in the world! Jobs being sent everywhere while "we" suffer! The Euro continuosly gains on the dollar, our debt to Asia increases by the second, we are told to watch out for a possible nuclear attack at any moment (Straight from Dick Cheney's MOUTH yesterday), but all "we" seem to care about is who wins "American Idol", "Dancing With The Stars" and whatever other silly @ss show "they" keep us mis-guided with. All the while, "they" are buying gold, hijacking the oil reserves in the middle east and "detaining" so-called terrorists at prison camps around the globe. Forgive me for ranting...I completely got off topic. I do have a few more questions. Has ANYONE ever found out ANYTHING about the massacre at the Amish school last year?? Reasons for the shooting? Drugs in the guys system? Anything?? Can ANYONE tell me why the Columbine judge has sealed that massacre's records for 20 YEARS just the other day??? TWENTY YEARS!!!??!! And lo and behold, the kid Kleibold from Columbine was Jewish!! I was told they were Neo-Nazis!!!! What?????? And for the LOVE OF GOD, can ANYONE tell me why a South Korean college student would randomly kill people WITH THEMALICE AND CREATIVITY OF A SUPER-NINJA, evading cameras, eyewitnesses and able to kill people 2 HOURS LATER AFTER the first KILLINGS. I SWEAR, YOU COULDN'T MAKE THIS UP IF YOU TRIED!!

Sorry for venting!! I'll get kicked off OpenCarry for this one!

Best wishes,

Jersey

PS- Keep your guns!!! Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, etc would have!!!!

Lew

imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:
cs9c1 wrote:
Jersey Ron wrote:

JErsey

I'm curios! Who on FOX is on our side? Rupert Murdoch, the OWNER of FOX is notorious for "creating" the news instead of reporting the news. This comes STRAIGHT from the mouths of journalists who USED to work for FOX. Not trying to be argumentative, but rather sincerely curious. These journalists said if they didn't conform they wouldn't be employed.I swear, I'm not making this up!!! Personally, I really believe there is a "war" todistract the "minds" of the American people THAT STARTS WITH THE MEDIA!! We were once a nation of creators, manufacturers, leaders, pioneers, scientists, etc. We have now become the BIGGEST indebted nation in the world! Jobs being sent everywhere while "we" suffer! The Euro continuosly gains on the dollar, our debt to Asia increases by the second, we are told to watch out for a possible nuclear attack at any moment (Straight from Dick Cheney's MOUTH yesterday), but all "we" seem to care about is who wins "American Idol", "Dancing With The Stars" and whatever other silly @ss show "they" keep us mis-guided with. All the while, "they" are buying gold, hijacking the oil reserves in the middle east and "detaining" so-called terrorists at prison camps around the globe. Forgive me for ranting...I completely got off topic. I do have a few more questions. Has ANYONE ever found out ANYTHING about the massacre at the Amish school last year?? Reasons for the shooting? Drugs in the guys system? Anything?? Can ANYONE tell me why the Columbine judge has sealed that massacre's records for 20 YEARS just the other day??? TWENTY YEARS!!!??!! And lo and behold, the kid Kleibold from Columbine was Jewish!! I was told they were Neo-Nazis!!!! What?????? And for the LOVE OF GOD, can ANYONE tell me why a South Korean college student would randomly kill people WITH THEMALICE AND CREATIVITY OF A SUPER-NINJA, evading cameras, eyewitnesses and able to kill people 2 HOURS LATER AFTER the first KILLINGS. I SWEAR, YOU COULDN'T MAKE THIS UP IF YOU TRIED!!

Best wishes,

Jersey

PS- Keep your guns!!! Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, etc would have!!!!
FOX isn't on our side. Follow every media outlet up the chain and it goes to the same smoke-filled room of European bankers. America is becoming moneyless, clueless, and powerless. Jersey Ron, I'm with you all the way on this one. Good heavens, what to do?

Jersey Ron

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
I think I hear the "Black Helicopters".

Thank you so much!! Instead of FACTS!! You can't do anything but toss "jokes" and "insults"! Should I give quotes from the U.S. Presidents that I just mentioned about Gun Control!?!!! Or would you rather say another joke?? Mr. Funnyman!!!???

Jersey

Jersey Ron

imported post

Lew wrote:
Jersey Ron wrote:
cs9c1 wrote:
Jersey Ron wrote:

JErsey

Best wishes,

Jersey

FOX isn't on our side. Follow every media outlet up the chain and it goes to the same smoke-filled room of European bankers. America is becoming moneyless, clueless, and powerless. Jersey Ron, I'm with you all the way on this one. Good heavens, what to do?

Lew, "their" plan is very simple! Cause confusion, create fear, make entertainmentand MAKE JOKES!!! Be weary of the assimilaters! It's really VERY, VERY simple!! Oh, and be VERY careful of people who you think are for gun rights but are REALLY "studying" "us"!! Too funny!!

Study the Bolshevik Revolution, in which 50 million CHRISTIANSwere methodically slaughtered but it gets no mention in the history books! Wow!!! Why?????

cs9c1

imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:
cs9c1 wrote:
I think I hear the "Black Helicopters".

Thank you so much!! Instead of FACTS!! You can't do anything but toss "jokes" and "insults"! Should I give quotes from the U.S. Presidents that I just mentioned about Gun Control!?!!! Or would you rather say another joke?? Mr. Funnyman!!!???

Jersey

You and I have had this discussion before. If you were such a good investigator (as you seem to claim)of facts you would have known that.

Insults? Jokes? I was being nice. I can get mean, butI try really hard to stay civil on this board. People who know me, know I state my mind.

I can't agree with your conspiracy theories, that you see everywhere. No organization capable of pulling off the things you claim could possibly keep themselves secret. Someone somewhere would have messed up and they would have been exposed.

This is just my shortsighted narrow minded ignorant opinion. (guessing how you feel)

Do I believe the UN is bad? You bet.

Do I think politicians are crooked? Sure do.

Is Europe on a Liberal downward spiral? I think so.

Could all these people work together to disarm the world for their personal conquest? Hell no.

Fight for you God given rights to defend yourself and hate me for not agreeing with you.

You have a right to disagree with me just like I disagree with you.

Funnyman!!!???

vermonter

imported post

Lets see.... Jersey Ron...... Location: New Jersey......... Bulk of you initial post..... gun control sponsored by Lautenberg of NEW JERSEY (and CA).

Hey ron, you seem like a nice guy. Do Vermont and yourself a favor

1) Tell anyone from NJ they are not welcome in my state, they are RUINING it!

2) Move out of NJ your self, come to VT and help us extracate your ex neighbors who have moved here!

BTW you are so right about it being the same people over and over!

NJ is the root of all evil.... With MA and CA tying for close 2nd

Jersey Ron

imported post

Once again, I ask you Mr. Funnyman, should I quote the AMERICAN PRESIDENTS that I've mentioned before. Yes or no??? Let's see if the viewers "hear black helicopters". Or should we make more jokes???? We can go toe-to-toe, round-for-round, and I will present FACTS no matter how many JOKES or INSULTS you make Mr. Funnyman!!

Hate you?? Hell nah!! I hate those who support, protect or deflect the crimes that criminals perpetrate in our nation?? Hate you?? Hell nah? Your obvious attempt to deflect what's REALLY going on will help! Okay, we're all waiting for the midget in the bar joke! Let's hear it!

Jersey