• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to TN

BigBoostDSM

imported post

Hello everyone. I just moved to Knoxville, TN from just outside of chicago. Needless to say, I am glad to finally be able to exersize my right to carry a firearm.

I have read and re-read the packing.org page on TN. I have been reading everything I can possibly get my hands on to learn about the laws in Tennessee. There is one thing that I can not seem to find for the life of me.

I am a resident alien in this country (Read: Not a citizen). I have lived here for 21 years and the next time my residency comes up for renewal I plan to become a US citizen. My question is, can people who are not citizens of the US but are citizens of TN apply for, and receive their CCW permit?

Thank you in advance!

molonlabetn

imported post

Well BigBoost, after 21 years in the Unites States, you have finally moved to a free country... Welcome to America, and to TN!

Thank you for coming legally. Best wishes for your citizenship!

There's a few guys from this site ( www.tngunowners.com ) fromthe Knoxville area... We get together every so often at the local level, very much like the VCDL guys/gals do in VA.

molonlabetn

BigBoostDSM

imported post

Well I'm finally moving to a free state. I've enjoyed living in the free country almost all my life :cool:

I don't want to start an immigration battle, but I think I hate illegals more than any citizen of the country simply because they make people like me who go through the whole process look bad. That's another story for another day though.

Glad I could find the info I needed and I will be carrying by the end of the summer :)

SomeKid

imported post

Welcome friend.

Being in Knoxville, you may want to check out the Knoxville chapter of the TFA.

Hyaloid

imported post

Tennessee Firearms Association

Mr. John Harris is the workhorse behind this one... he has done alot of good work (sometimes without much recognition) for ALL gunowners in teh state of Tennessee, but especially for those with CHPs**

We have a Handgun Carry Permit, not a CCW... small distinction, but important. As my permit instructor said, "you can duct tape it to your forhead if you want to."