• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul: More Guns Will Deter Shootings

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

I registerd so that I could comment:
by LoveMyCountry[/b] on 04.17.2007 at 08:16 PM Laws do not stop law breakers, they can only state what is unlawful and what the consequences will be if you commit the crime. This guy wanted to kill people and no law was going to stop him, as evidenced by the fact that everything he did was already against the law.

Allowing people the option to carry a concealed weapon gives them the choice of being able to defend themselves or to rely upon someone else to do it for them.

When it comes to being able to protect myself and my family I'm Pro-Choice.. I choose to carry a gun.

Obviously, I open carry but I addressed concealed carry on this so as to not twist the nut too tight.

LoveMyCountry

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

The GOP is no more 'his' than a dog its tail.

I will not vote GOP and if Ron Paul runs as a Repugnicrat (that brought us to these straits) then I will not vote for the GOP.

If Ron Paul runs as a LP then I will not vote for the LP's drug legalization plank.

I am a paleo-conservative (since the Repugnicrats have hijacked 'conservatism'). I am a single issue voter for the uninfringed Second Amendment. No one has ever advocated the u2A and another issue repugnant to conservative patriots.

If there is to be rebellion and revolution then let it begin now while I am able to contribute (my blood to the tree of liberty) that my daughter may not.

Democracy is the rule of fools by fools. Let's not be any greater fools than needs be.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

<<<Wow, I wonder why I have never heard of him?>>>

Neither party wants much to do with him in an election yearbecause he wants to legislate their morality as well.

21. H.R.1094 : To provide that human life shall be deemed to exist from conception.
Sponsor:
Rep Paul, Ron [TX-14] (introduced 2/15/2007) Cosponsors (3)
Committees: House Judiciary
Latest Major Action: 3/19/2007 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties.
[line]

22. H.R.1095 : To prohibit any Federal official from expending any Federal funds for any population control or population planning program or any family planning activity.
Sponsor:
Committees: House Foreign Affairs; House Energy and Commerce
Latest Major Action: 2/15/2007 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Foreign Affairs, and in addition to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

Tomahawk

imported post

Brigdh wrote:
Doug, what do you have against legialization of drugs?

That's a key issue difference between libertarians (like me) and conservatives (apparently like Doug).

Do we want to start an argument on this and get off topic?

EDIT: "libartertarians" hmm...I am getting tired and cannot spell.

lostone1413

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
cs9c1 wrote:
Wow, I wonder why I have never heard of him?
His own Republican Party avoids talking about him because he's too libertarian for their liking.

You never hear about Ron Paul because the ones who really control the Republican Party want no part of him. Sure you vote in a Primary Election. Trouble is the ones the NWO crowd that put the big money behind candidate really pick who will be in the Primary

I laugh to hear people call someone like McCain a RINO. Have the votes become so dumb they don't know he would never have got where he is without the nod of the Elite that run the party

Brigdh

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Brigdh wrote:

That's a key issue difference between libertarians (like me) and conservatives (apparently like Doug).

I suppose not, sorry, i was just wondering why he seems reluctant to vote for a canidate he acknowledges is good. Its nigh impossible to vote for a canidate that you agree with 100%, but thats what doug seemingly wants

cs9c1

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Brigdh wrote:

Then you would love me. I don't "fit" any mold. I tend to be conservative, with some libertarian and liberal views. LOL, you gotta love the US of A.

The drug issue is a sore spot for me, I almost lost my sister to cocaine and speed.

I never could spell all that well.

Tomahawk

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Brigdh wrote:

Then you would love me. I don't "fit" any mold. I tend to be conservative, with some libertarian and liberal views. LOL, you gotta love the US of A.

The drug issue is a sore spot for me, I almost lost my sister to cocaine and speed.

I never could spell all that well.
Yeah, well,
Yeah, well, I once called myself a conservative, and it took me a long time to realize I am probably more of a libertarian, much to my dismay. I denied it for as long as I could.

I think the "conservative" reaction to 9/11 pushed me over the edge. I never intended to become a radicaloutcast...all I wanted was a logical and consistent set of principles...honest. Now I am "the nut in every crowd". If only I could turn off my brain and enjoy life like an average zombie. :(

uncoolx2

uncoolx2

imported post

Oh I also forgot to mention that Ron Paul is the sponser on HR 1096 "Second Amendment Protection Act of 2007."

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1096

"2/15/2007--Introduced.Second Amendment Protection Act of 2007 - Repeals the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993. Restores and revives any provisions amended or repealed by such Acts as if such Acts had not been enacted. Repeals provisions of the Internal Revenue Code and the federal criminal code distinguishing firearms used or suitable for sporting, recreational, or cultural purposes from firearms used generally.Repeals the Child Safety Lock Act of 2005 and other provisions of the federal criminal code relating to gun storage and gun safety devices."

Lew

imported post

Ron Paul is everything I've ever wanted in a congressman/pres. candidate. It would be a personal miracle if he won. In a nutshell, he says: be an adult i.e. the government is not your babysitter.

uncoolx2

imported post

Just got done watching his new youtube vid and he nails it on the head about the 2nd: "The second amendment wasn't written for hunting, it was written to defend against the government."

It was at 2:45 in the "Ron Paul in New Hampshire pt2" video.

I get tired of seeing politicans say how they support the 2nd and go on and on about hunting.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Im already on the Ron Paul for president bandwagon, gives me the warm and fuzzies to see him make this stand.

molonlabetn

imported post

Tess wrote:
<<<Wow, I wonder why I have never heard of him?>>>

Neither party wants much to do with him in an election yearbecause he wants to legislate their morality as well.

21. H.R.1094 : To provide that human life shall be deemed to exist from conception.
Sponsor:
Committees: House Judiciary
Latest Major Action: 3/19/2007 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties.
[line]

22. H.R.1095 : To prohibit any Federal official from expending any Federal funds for any population control or population planning program or any family planning activity.
Sponsor:
Committees: House Foreign Affairs; House Energy and Commerce
Latest Major Action: 2/15/2007 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Foreign Affairs, and in addition to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

Morality?

Last I heard, it was 'murder' to kill people, regardless of their 'status'. These bills merely protect unborn people from selfish descrimination and genocide.

I'm sure glad that my mother considered me a person when I was in her womb, instead of an inconvenience to her lifestyle. Don't you feel the same?

molonlabetn

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

molonlabetn wrote:

Morality?

Last I heard, it was 'murder' to kill people, regardless of their 'status'. These bills merely protect unborn people from selfish descrimination and genocide.

I'm sure glad that my mother considered me a person when I was in her womb, instead of an inconvenience to her lifestyle. Don't you feel the same?

molonlabetn

I'm not going to turn this in to a discussion of morality, but I see your point as the other side of trying to make a multi-faceted argument black and white. There are too many instances where it's not a choice made due to "inconvenience" - and if it is, it's not my place to judge her.

I firmly believe the government has no right regulating this.