Thread: New Group on Facebook for CCW on University Campuses

Post imported post

Yesterday I founded a group on Facebook called "Allow Legal Guns on University Campuses" after I noticed that there was no existing group filling that role on the site. In just the past 24 hours, over 300 have joined on, and the group has been cited in newspapers as far away as Portugal as a movement amongst students in reaction to the tragedy at Virginia Tech and as a point of debate for the only real way to work to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

Although Facebook isn't 100% open, the link to the group's main page is below:

http://colorado.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2367051099

If any of you want to join up, please do! As word gets out more amongst news sources, we can use all the voices we're able to have!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Link takes me to a gotta log in page. Please fix so I can see it and tell you how wonderful it is.

LoveMyCountry

Post imported post

You have to be a member on facebook in order to see the group page. That's what I like about facebook, it's even more secure than myspace. It is open to everybody. It was originally only available to people with a college e-mail address, but now anybody can join.

Post imported post

I joined the group, up to 400 now. (I'm a student at the University of Florida.

Incindentally, when logged onto facebook, I think half of UF has changed their profile picture to this.

Attached Images Attached Images

State Researcher

Post imported post

You have to be a member on facebook in order to see the group page. That's what I like about facebook, it's even more secure than myspace. It is open to everybody. It was originally only available to people with a college e-mail address, but now anybody can join.
    Ahh, I see. I understood the OP as saying that I could see the group main page (to find out about it) before having to sign up. Thank you for explaining.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher

Post imported post

Sleepy fingers = double post. :P

LoveMyCountry