• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Group on Facebook for CCW on University Campuses

denwego

imported post

Yesterday I founded a group on Facebook called "Allow Legal Guns on University Campuses" after I noticed that there was no existing group filling that role on the site. In just the past 24 hours, over 300 have joined on, and the group has been cited in newspapers as far away as Portugal as a movement amongst students in reaction to the tragedy at Virginia Tech and as a point of debate for the only real way to work to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

Although Facebook isn't 100% open, the link to the group's main page is below:

http://colorado.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2367051099

If any of you want to join up, please do! As word gets out more amongst news sources, we can use all the voices we're able to have!

mercutio545

imported post

You have to be a member on facebook in order to see the group page. That's what I like about facebook, it's even more secure than myspace. It is open to everybody. It was originally only available to people with a college e-mail address, but now anybody can join.

ChronoSphere

imported post

I joined the group, up to 400 now. (I'm a student at the University of Florida.

Incindentally, when logged onto facebook, I think half of UF has changed their profile picture to this.

Attachments

• n2034824_38811343_3552.jpg
    n2034824_38811343_3552.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 120

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

You have to be a member on facebook in order to see the group page. That's what I like about facebook, it's even more secure than myspace. It is open to everybody. It was originally only available to people with a college e-mail address, but now anybody can join.

Ahh, I see. I understood the OP as saying that I could see the group main page (to find out about it) before having to sign up. Thank you for explaining.

LoveMyCountry