• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org Press Release: Virginia Tech Vice President Larry Hincker should resign!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OpenCarry.org Press Release – 16 April 2007

OpenCarry.org calls for the resignation of Virginia Tech Vice President Larry Hincker for his callous anti-self defense remarks and lobbying campaign to make Virginia Tech safe for mass murder – see http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/19021-2/vtech9523.jpg.

1. Virginia Tech bureaucrats lobbied for two years to keep their victim disarmament zones; now they see what one looks like

It's not illegal in Virginia for 21 year old+ college students and staff holding concealed handgun permits to carry concealed handguns to class; but college "rules" have long threatened students and staff with expulsion or firing if they legally carry a gun on campus.

And for the last two years Virginia Tech and other VA college bureaucrats have successfully lobbied the VA General Assembly by opposing & killing bills introduced by Delegate Gilbert and Delegate Cole to follow the lead of Utah and nullify these dangerous college rules.

Chortled Virginia Tech associate vice president Larry Hincker in 2006: "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus[/b].” See “Gun bill gets shot down by panel,” The Roanoke Times[/i][/b], by Greg Esposito, 31 January 2006, available at http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/wb/xp-50658.

And then in September 2006, after a shooting near campus prompted a campus panic as a gunman wondered about, Vice President Hinkler belittled adult students for wanting their gun rights on campus:
“After the fear, and dare I say, panic from the events of Aug. 21, it is absolutely mind-boggling to see the opinions of Bradford Wiles . . .The editors of this page must have printed this commentary if for no other reason than malicious compliance. Surely, they scratched their heads saying, 'I can't believe he really wants to say that.' Wiles tells us that he didn't feel safe with the hundreds of highly trained officers armed with high powered rifles encircling the building and protecting him. He even implies that he needed his sidearm to protect himself . . . On that fateful Monday, campus was understandably on edge. Elvis-type sightings of the escaped prisoner around campus were rampant. People were legitimately concerned about where he might be. . . . The writer would have us believe that a university campus, with tens of thousands of young people, is safer with everyone packing heat. Imagine the continual fear of students in that scenario. We've seen that fear here, and we don't want to see it again.. . . Contrary to his position, the writer's commentary actually gives credence to the university policy preventing weapons in classrooms. Guns don't belong in classrooms. They never will. Virginia Tech has a very sound policy preventing same.” See “Imagine if students were armed,” Commentary, The Roanoke Times[/i], by Larry Hincker, 5 September 2006, available at
http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/commentary/wb/81277 (emphasis added).
Good job Larry. Hopefully somebody soon will say, “Larry, You’re Fired!”[/b]

2. VCDL's Bloomberg Gun Give-Away celebration to be held this Thursday, 19 April 2007, in Annandale, VA

The Virginia Citizens Defense League long awaited celebration and drawing for the Bloomberg Gun-Giveaway will be heldthis Thursday, April 19th, at the Mason Government Center in Annandale!

This program is credited with boosting sales of gun dealers unfairly and arguably illegally targeted with lawsuits by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. The two gun dealers are expected to be present at the drawing with the guns they will giveaway to drawing winners.

As usual, the press and public is invited – if you are carrying a gun, like most VCDL members do at these events, make sure you have a holster suitable for open carry so you can grab a bite to eat at Fuddruckers, an alcohol serving restaurant at which open carry is required. See more at VCDL VA-ALERT item below, and at [url]http://www2.vcdl.org/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/vcdl/vadetail.html?RECID=1039553&FILTER[/url]=.

##########################
Contact anytime on gun stories:
Mike Stollenwerk/John Pierce
[url]http://www.OpenCarry.org[/url]
##########################

------------------
From Today’s VCDL VA-ALERT:

1. Reminder: VCDL drawing/celebration THIS Thursday!

Come and celebrate with VCDL the successful "Bloomberg Gun GiveAway"
drawing this Thursday, April 19th, at the Mason Government Center in
Annandale!

We are going to have a cake with decorations that you are not going
to want to miss!

There will also be chips, dip, and soft drinks.

At 8 PM the meeting will begin with some introductory remarks and then the drawing for the various prizes, including TWO firearms.

On an interesting note, Gary O'Brien sent me this about the date of
the drawing:

--

Philip,

April 19,1775 is the day that our ancestors were forced to takedecisive action in Lexington, Mass. against the British government's attempt to confiscate arms.

I don't know if this is mere coincidence or not.

Regardless, its a very appropriate date for the Bloomberg drawing!

See you there,

Gary OBrien