• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

lots of bad information about VA's guns

Flowmaster

imported post

i was just watching jay leno on NBC and he said that the gunman bought 2 pistols in the same day, a 22 and a 44 according to leno.

people, get the facts straight!

anyone else hear/read anything that's just complete bullshit when it comes to the subject of guns?
i was reading in another thread that someone called 9mm a very concealable caliber.

lets get a list going of bullshit gun comments we've heard/read since the VT shootings.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I think you have to remember that the average American is either stupid or ignorant about LOTS of things, not just about guns. Most people can't answer any serious questions re: current events or history but they sure can hum the tune to some commercial jingle, relate American Idol gossip or some other totally useless BS. It's really pathetic. So I'm not sure if the averageAmerican is either stupid or just ignorant, but it's one or the other.

As far as people who should KNOW better, however,like news/media people, I have written them to try to educate/correct them about this or that point, but they refuse to change what they write. In that case, it can only be an agenda they're furthering and they don't WANT to hear anything different. Same for celebrities and most politicians.

-- John D.

Tomahawk

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
As far as people who should KNOW better, however,like news/media people...
I don't expect reporters to know everything off the tops of their heads, but it bothers me that they don't do any basic research or fact-checking before they rush to publish or air their stories.

What's worse, when they do ask for expert knowledge, they go to people like the VPC or the Brady Bunch. And those groups are only too happy and prepared to give "expert" advice.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Flowmaster,

What ignorant people the pansy Brits are -- actually, the WHOLE UK as well as the liberals in Canada/Australia/New Zealand -- who have no grounds tolecture anyone about anything.

Who gives a crap what the rest of the liberal world thinks? They'd LOVE to have America become just like them. America isn't like nor should it ever become like Europe, the UK or any other place...but at the rate it's going, and seeing what I do living down here in the American Southwest, I have to say it IS on the way to becoming Thirld-World and like Mexico...which also has repressive gun laws.

I hope I don't live long enough to see that.

-- John D.

VAopencarry

imported post

I have seen nothing but misinformation about guns and VA gun laws and how 'easy' it is to buy a gun here. Sometimes the info is 'kind of' right but is not fully accurate.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

rebfan

imported post

If the media did a good enough job of reporting self defense stories as they do with these types of stories, I believe the public would be better informed of gun laws and rights. It would also help as has been pointed out the media as a whole needs to do a better job of research before writing articles on gun laws.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This just proves that we desperately need more Press Control. The way they always twist and lie about the stories and facts is a prime example. There is no purpose for the extreme media types that is out there. I am pro-first amendment but I also realize the need for common sense Press Control. We have no intentions to take their freedom of speech away; only realize that if all Press members are registered the lies will stop…

:D

SFDoc

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
I have seen nothing but misinformation about guns and VA gun laws and how 'easy' it is to buy a gun here. Sometimes the info is 'kind of' right but is not fully accurate.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I agree, I've just spent the last hour e-mailing to various news agencies reminding them that the legal sales of firearms through a VA FFL dealer, are in accordance with the Brady Bill and signed into law by their beloved Bill Clinton. So don't blame VA gun laws. Blame the Brady Bunch and Slick Willie.