• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment Foundation Statement

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
I dont know who has seen this and read it but it is a great example of taking the High road. At a time for morning and a time that our thoughts and prayers should have been focused on the friends, family, and students the gun debate should have been put off. This was released on the 17th of April.

http://prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=ind_focus.story&STORY=/www/story/04-17-2007/0004567603&EDATE=TUE+Apr+17+2007,+03:45+PM

Yes, and while we would have been silent in respect for the dead, thepeople who helped get them in that condition by 40 years of gun-control advocacy were already at work to make the next thirty victims.

Don't get me wrong. Focus thoughts and prayers on friends, family, and students if you feel its appropriate. Me? I'm angry. I've been on the offensive, not in spite of what happened, but because of it.

xpun8

imported post

After reading this I am reminded of all the crap and grief the President and the administration took in the wake of 911. Granted we may not have all supported the changes and proposals, but I feel in my heart that they were generally making an effort to make our country safer (for the most part). Now who's throwing crap in the wake of a tragedy?

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Desertdoc wrote:
I dont know who has seen this and read it but it is a great example of taking the High road. At a time for morning and a time that our thoughts and prayers should have been focused on the friends, family, and students the gun debate should have been put off. This was released on the 17th of April.

http://prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=ind_focus.story&STORY=/www/story/04-17-2007/0004567603&EDATE=TUE+Apr+17+2007,+03:45+PM

Yes, and while we would have been silent in respect for the dead, thepeople who helped get them in that condition by 40 years of gun-control advocacy were already at work to make the next thirty victims.

Don't get me wrong. Focus thoughts and prayers on friends, family, and students if you feel its appropriate. Me? I'm angry. I've been on the offensive, not in spite of what happened, but because of it.

Ditto. I'm not about to sit back and watch my rights get trampled again just to avoid upsetting somebody who doesn't understand what's at stake.

As far as I'm concerned, standing up for self defense against monsters like this is taking the high road.